oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Just now, Neverbefore said:

I don't get how we're going to fit all these players into our lineup without sacrificing Tav which would be a travesty. Only thing I can think of is a Mendez Laing - bolasie - kebano front three with tav in the midfield 3. But then watmore, Britt, akpom, Fletcher, even Johnson and Spence all don't get much of a look in. I know he likes to rotate often but if we find a winning formula I'm sure the rotation will be lessened. 

Its a nice headache to have, all I'm saying is that the one thing I don't want to see is tavs progression stalled.

We saw at the weekend that Bolasie is out of shape, ML is going to be even more out of shape and Kebanonhasnt played much either but has at least had some games. I doubt that Warnock is going to stall Tav as that would be criminal. Plenty of competition now but Spence and Johnson must be a bit worried. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I don't get how we're going to fit all these players into our lineup without sacrificing Tav which would be a travesty. Only thing I can think of is a Mendez Laing - bolasie - kebano front three with tav in the midfield 3. But then watmore, Britt, akpom, Fletcher, even Johnson and Spence all don't get much of a look in. I know he likes to rotate often but if we find a winning formula I'm sure the rotation will be lessened. 

Its a nice headache to have, all I'm saying is that the one thing I don't want to see is tavs progression stalled.

Bear in mind the relentless run of games, players will and can be rotated but Tav is capable of playing in the midfield 3, I assume he will be if needed there with only 3 senior CMs. Some exciting options, especially with Fletcher to return! 

3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Think I’d have bolasie as a LW, that’s where he seems to have played most of his football.

Aye, could have Watmore on either side tbf. He's played from the Left move often for us, but they could.easily be interchangable. NML can play either flank too, so even gives us the options to switch mid-game and test opposition FBs.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We'll actually have players on the bench he'll be willing to substitute on now.

If Kebano arrives, I'm not expecting them all to be starting when fit.

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Seems to be a lot of positivity on this forum just now 

image.gif.907505b89bf9915ad3c4b6bcdf4adf5c.gif

Amazing what a few sensible and decisive decisions will do isn’t it! Look what happens when you don’t bugger off to a pub for a good laugh.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Still play NW’s favourite 4:3:3 and put Tav in the midfield instead of Saville. 

Looks like Gibbo decided not to try for playoffs then and settled for midtable.   Whatever happens, at least it should happen quicker ... think at least we can look forward to a bit of pace  (or a lot of offside flags) 

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Just now, sambaDTR said:

Still play NW’s favourite 4:3:3 and put Tav in the midfield instead of Saville. 

Instead of Morsy for me. Saville has 4 goals and 4 assists this season from midfield. Very underrated player.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic