• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Now the question is when fit who plays? Our attacking options now include:

Mendez Laing
Bolasie
Kebano
Tavernier
Watmore
Fletcher
Assombalonga
Akpom
Johnson

Lets be honest, that's a pretty good set of attacking options to choose from...I don't know whether you change to a 4231 to fit them all, but if so, where does Tav fit?

I think that most of us thought that a couple of additions to fill out the squad would be the best we could hope for, so to see us get a bunch that could all make an impact is great. I don't expect an immediate leap forwards but the potential is there for something really good and that makes the rest of the season something to look forward to when they get up to speed. Probably the best window we have had for last few years.. 

Only thing I would say is I really wish the Northern Echo hadn't jumped the gun and announced Assombalonga was leaving, because I'm sure he'll have seen some of the snide comments made by our fans.

He's still here till the end of the season and he'll have a big part to play, whether he plays well or not, so I'd rather he didn't resent the fans.

• Like 3

Gave up around seven this evening figuring that I've had a bellyful over the years of hitting refresh on Newsnow and other sites hoping for a signing and then nothing happens or worse the ones that were linked fall through at the last minute.

Wow, tonight has been anything but typical Boro. I'm wondering if Warnock has been getting things done himself as Bausor seems to have been very quiet?

Some great permutations there and definitely looks like two in the middle with that lot in front. With the additional Subs being permitted we should be able to overcome any short term fitness issues and accommodate all of them.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Mendez Laing
Bolasie
Kebano
Tavernier
Watmore
Fletcher
Assombalonga
Akpom
Johnson

Lets be honest, that's a pretty good set of attacking options to choose from...I don't know whether you change to a 4231 to fit them all, but if so, where does Tav fit?

I doubt we'll ever see a situation when they are all fit together tbh.

Tav has to be the first name on the team sheet in the midfield 3 or 10 depending on what formation you want to call it and work from there.

If all are fit and firing I'd probably play 

Morsy Howson

Tav

Kebano        Bolasie

Britt

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Only thing I would say is I really wish the Northern Echo hadn't jumped the gun and announced Assombalonga was leaving, because I'm sure he'll have seen some of the snide comments made by our fans.

He's still here till the end of the season and he'll have a big part to play, whether he plays well or not, so I'd rather he didn't resent the fans.

With these wingers supplying him he has no excuse his best form was under Traore hitting the tap ins. I hope he can replicate it now 

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Mendez Laing
Bolasie
Kebano
Tavernier
Watmore
Fletcher
Assombalonga
Akpom
Johnson

MDL.......Kebano.....Bolasie

.................Britt

2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I doubt we'll ever see a situation when they are all fit together tbh.

Tav has to be the first name on the team sheet in the midfield 3 or 10 depending on what formation you want to call it and work from there.

If all are fit and firing I'd probably play 

Morsy Howson

Tav

Kebano        Bolasie

Britt

Can’t see Warnock dropping Watmore down the pecking order that easy. He’s still a goal threat and might even be more of one with other attacking players next to him. I don’t have a clue what our best team is going to be. Good headache to have though, can’t remember the last time we had this many attacking option.

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Can’t see Warnock dropping Watmore down the pecking order that easy. He’s still a goal threat and might even be more of one with other attacking players next to him. I don’t have a clue what our best team is going to be. Good headache to have though, can’t remember the last time we had this many attacking option.

Trouble with Watmore is he obviously can't play more than one game a week and has to be wrapped in cotton wool. I think he'll be more of a impact sub in the run in if I'm honest. I also don't think he has been great since he signed the deal so I don't think he's a nailed on started by any means.

• Like 1
Just now, Dan1234 said:

Trouble with Watmore is he obviously can't play more than one game a week and has to be wrapped in cotton wool. I think he'll be more of a impact sub in the run in if I'm honest. I also don't think he has been great since he signed the deal so I don't think he's a nailed on started by any means.

Yeah I agree actually, his recent performances haven’t been the best. All good points though, and I definitely agree he isn’t a nailed on starter. I’m not too sure who is though haha

• Tom locked this topic