oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Can’t see Warnock dropping Watmore down the pecking order that easy. He’s still a goal threat and might even be more of one with other attacking players next to him. I don’t have a clue what our best team is going to be. Good headache to have though, can’t remember the last time we had this many attacking option.

I don’t think MDL or Bolasie will be guaranteed starting till fully fit. I think it will work itself out as people impress from the bench etc. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Fair play to Gibbo and the club! Apologies for the earlier pessimism but being a Boro fan for so long has taken its toll. As you may have gathered from my previous comments I honestly thought that this was going to be another typical Boro deadline day. Delighted to have been proved wrong!

It will be interesting to see Warnock’s team selections going forward. With so many attacking players now to choose from, you would assume he will have to play at least 4 of them each game. I think, when all are fit, I’d go with:

Tav——Kebano——NML/Bolasie

————Fletcher—————————

Harsh on Watmore but, with question marks over the fitness of NML and Bolasie, I’m sure he will still get plenty of game time.  

On a side note, gutted it hasn’t worked out for Roberts here as I was a big fan of his but unfortunately he was never going to fit into Warnock’s plans so it’s probably best for all parties that we parted ways  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Trouble with Watmore is he obviously can't play more than one game a week and has to be wrapped in cotton wool. I think he'll be more of a impact sub in the run in if I'm honest. I also don't think he has been great since he signed the deal so I don't think he's a nailed on started by any means.

Agree with this, think fitness has caught up with him now and also he never really helped with creating much.

Kebano is the one that looks really exciting to me. We have some good options for those attacking spots now, hopefully we can get them all upto speed sooner rather than later.

Only concern is central midfield, if one of Howson, Morsy or Saville go down we look a little light there.

Just to add it was nice to see the business that was done didn't break the bank. They stuck to their structure and with those players going out on loan/Roberts terminated we likely kept the wage bill in check. 

Would have been nice to get a fee for Britt. Im hoping Fletcher can hit the ground running and take over lead striker but whoever it is better hit the net because it would look on paper they will have some players to feed them the ball finally. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Kebano is the one that looks really exciting to me. We have some good options for those attacking spots now, hopefully we can get them all upto speed sooner rather than later.

Only concern is central midfield, if one of Howson, Morsy or Saville go down we look a little light there.

Tav probably taking Savilles  spot I reckon

2 hours ago, liambell42 said:

That guy who said 4 in 4 out isn't sounding that crazy anymore 🤣

😬 that’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me on here 

• Haha 1

I reckon Morsy is more likely to be dropped than Sav if it's a 4-2-3-1 from here, though maybe Warnock will be more willing than Aitor was at changing that midfield around. Or at least that's what I'd hope. I actually think Saville has had a decent season whilst Morsy has flattered to deceive for the most part but he 100% has a part to play.

I just really hope the fact we've let a centre mid go and have signed so many attacking players means a pivot to a more positive midfield formation.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Not a bad endorsement from this Fulham fan.

Fulham fans seem to absolutely love him. 

That’s so nice to read. A really great day for all Boro fans which gives us all hope for the season 🙂

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic