oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

4 hours ago, TheJew said:

Kebano is exciting. 

If this happens its starting to look more and more like a 4231

I was thinking this also. We’ve got 5 really good options for those 3 attacking roles. Then we play Fletcher or Akpom up top. 

oh it looks like Britt didn’t go. Will be interesting to see how he does with all this potential creativity around him. 

Edited by sackrobson2
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I reckon Morsy is more likely to be dropped than Sav if it's a 4-2-3-1 from here, though maybe Warnock will be more willing than Aitor was at changing that midfield around. Or at least that's what I'd hope. I actually think Saville has had a decent season whilst Morsy has flattered to deceive for the most part but he 100% has a part to play.

I just really hope the fact we've let a centre mid go and have signed so many attacking players means a pivot to a more positive midfield formation.

With 3 outlets like these I think it will lift the whole team. I think it’s easy due to bias to lose sight of just how poor our forwards have been (more in the wide positions). 
With actual quality up there teams maybe won’t be able to push up on us as much, they will be that little bit more stretched and should theoretically give the midfielders more room to work, specially on counter attacks etc.

These signings will be a HUGE transformation to our team make no doubt about it.

Got to say it’s amazing to have woken up to all these signings. What an excellent deadline day, the best I can remember. We’ve suddenly got too many attacking options. I really hope Warnock plays a more attacking system now he has all these players in. 4-2-3-1 please!

3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Looks like Gibbo decided not to try for playoffs then and settled for midtable.   Whatever happens, at least it should happen quicker ... think at least we can look forward to a bit of pace  (or a lot of offside flags) 

🤣 Your sarcasm has gone OTT of a lot of heads 🤣

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Boot up complete! I’ve got a full tray of paper and I’m raring to go. This is gonna be just like the good old days. 

Hey, where is everyone?

Stay right there! Its only 6 months until the summer transfer market! 

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, CanadianBoro said:

Just to add it was nice to see the business that was done didn't break the bank. They stuck to their structure and with those players going out on loan/Roberts terminated we likely kept the wage bill in check. 

Would have been nice to get a fee for Britt. Im hoping Fletcher can hit the ground running and take over lead striker but whoever it is better hit the net because it would look on paper they will have some players to feed them the ball finally. 

And I wouldn't want to go back in the changing room having missed a sitter wi those beasts in there

I've been (probably deservedly) critical of Steve Gibson in recent years, but he's played a blinder here. On a shoestring budget with little incoming revenue, he's backed his manager and given us genuine strength in attacking depth for the first time in years.

For once, Boro have kept their cards close to their chest, got the admin team Photoshopping new signings out, and delighted the fans. Warnock must be grinning like a Cheshire cat today, and next time Bettinelli hoofs the ball 70 yards up the pitch, we might actually have the pace and talent to retain possession.

Bravo, MFC. We've got nineteen games to make yesterday count, and it could be a really fun journey now. UTB.

• Like 5

Think still having Britt is a good thing. Maybe we could have used his wages on another loan but happy with what we’ve got (if the two lads can get up to fitness quickly) if he is playing for a new deal or to put himself in the window it could benefit us. Any news on Fletcher contract, saw someone posting as if it was happening earlier? Or was that based on Britt leaving?

With the dust settling I think the clb will be turning their attention to talks with Britt and Fletcher. Especially the latter we will try to convince to stay. Unless we are offering Fletcher an absolute pittance I think he will feel that he owes us more than just walking away for free. I know he's not a boro fan like the rest of us, but he seems like a good guy who likes it here, and I don't think he's done enough to expect a big contract offer from elsewhere. I hope Fulham stay up now, which might give us a chance og signing Kebano, if he proves to be a succes. Good window and we haven't lumbered ourselves with big long contracts. Regardless of whether we are going up we have a decet spine to build on in the summer with no huge contracts.

On a side note it's going to be interesting to see how Roberts fare for the rest of the season at Derby.

• Tom locked this topic