oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Our ability to effect a game from the bench with pace, power and hopefully flair will determine how high up we finish this season so being able to bring 5 subs on will mean high usage either from the start or the bench.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

We lost to Rotherham because Spence and Wood was our right side...  Yeah, and cause we didn't play as a team that wanted to win. 

But with fry and Dijksteleel instead of the above mentioned, the result might have been different.

The attacking permutations are almost mind blowing. Watmore clearly has ability and an eye for goal to the extent that I would be tempted to play him up front. The days of an old fashioned Centre Forward are declining as top sides have a more fluid, dynamic threat with their front men. Hoofing long balls or lumping crosses into the box is not the art of Liverpool, Man City/Utd etc. or further afield the top German, Italian and Spanish sides. 

I suspect that with that level of quality around them Britt and Akpom may be suddenly rejuvenated and despite the new arrivals Johnson has a good understanding with Bola as was shown against Norwich. Synergy shouldn't be discounted although I can't see NML and Bolasie sat on the bench when fit. Kebano could be the real hub in all this, a talismanic man in the middle who can pick out passes, take free kicks and has an eye for goal himself making everything click. I have always struggled as to why we have McNair taking free kicks when surely we want the big lads in the box when the ball comes in even if it's just to stand in front of the Keeper. Maybe Kebano may see him relieved of that and we get him in where it hurts.

Where does Tav fit into all of the above? That I honestly have no idea if we should go with Britt, Fletcher, Akpom or even Watmore up top is a luxury I didn't think I would see again at Boro. My only hope in all of this is that NW knows what he wants and who his best eleven are because we all know what happens when a Boro Manager can't decide and stick with it.

Buzzing with all the latest ins and outs - the two new wingers have three Championship promotions between them!

There’s a chance he’ll be forever Sir Neil Warnock to us after leading us to play off promotion glory.

At least that is my hope. And hope is not something that’s come to mind with Boro for a very long time.

UTB.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I hope its up today! 

Sorry to disappoint but it’s likely to be up tomorrow. Swamped at work literally.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Boro Badger said:

Buzzing with all the latest ins and outs - the two new wingers have three Championship promotions between them!

There’s a chance he’ll be forever Sir Neil Warnock to us after leading us to play off promotion glory.

At least that is my hope. And hope is not something that’s come to mind with Boro for a very long time.

UTB. 

Glad its not just me BB

24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Looking at the training pictures today, it definitely looks like it was just an unflattering photo of Mendez-Laing yesterday.

I have exactly the same problem, whatever angle I pose there is never any sign of a six pack, more of an ageing oak barrel if anything and with my Boro shirt on very reminiscent of a Watney's Red Barrel (for those of you old enough).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, Boro Badger said:

UTB.

One of the issues for me with this side has been the lack of leadership. Under Karanka there were a few savvy heads and non more so than Grant but with the experience just brought in yesterday there is an abundance of experience, players who know what it takes and who have been there and done it. No strong individual leader perhaps but a wealth of knowledge who can all motivate and gee up themselves and each other. It's also worth noting that two of them have worked with Warnock before and buy into his methodology which again makes it easier to get the message out there on the pitch.

4 hours ago, Brunners said:

Bettinelli

Dijksteel   Fry   McNair   Bola

Howson Saville

Tav

Kebano                  Bolasie

Fletcher

Is what I think we see most. Possibly swap Tav and Kebano around too.

Watmore up front all day

• Like 2
  • Tom locked this topic