• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Uwe said:
5 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Ah spot on!

I should then post about it excessively so I can tell everyone I was right all along if the player does turn out to be a dud.

That sound about right?

That’s 100% how it’s done. Don’t forget to have a little ambiguity in your context so if it turns out you’re wrong then you can claim deniability buddy 👍

Don't forget the classic "I hope I'm wrong", that way you can be happy if your negativity is justified and 'happy' if it isn't.

• Haha 5

It was always going to be an interesting window for us imo as we finally had a manager who was on the same page as us when it came to what we needed at a time when financial constraints and new regulations were effecting not only us but football in general.

incomings and outgoings have been done with a sense of logic and understanding which has been a pleasure to see, no stroppy player vailed threats, no agents touting players unsettling them and the squad as well as the club and manager not publicly trying to engineer moves which were not wanted.

As such we enter the next phase of the season with new players added who will be keen to settle and impress, an existing squad who focused on the targets they have been set, and fans who can finally look and see that for the first window in ages the club and fans seem to share the same vision and goals.

Who knows what will be our fate for the rest of the season but I’m happy to look forward to it without wishing the window had gone better.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

I can almost guarantee you that NW considers Fletcher our #1 striker and will play him as such once he's properly fit again.

He’s probably the best at holding it up and most mobile of the front 3. Could do with a bit of strength on him. 

these rest of the season looks interesting. Play offs aren’t a million miles away.

It might depend on how his contract talks are going.. someone said he's close to agreeing a new deal a few days ago.

Otherwise I think we'll see Bolasie stay in the middle.. or maybe he'll give Britt a chance with the DRC lads.

20 hours ago, Tom said:

Who is MDL?

Well spotted Tom it's NML not MDL .

I don't see Fletcher as our number one forward .

4/3/3 

Kebano / Britt / Watmore 

NML / Fletcher / Bolasie ( getting fitter day by day )

Tav / Akpom / Johnson 

4/2/3/1 

Howson / Morsy 

Tav /NML             Saville / Kebano.      Johnson   Watmore 

Britt / Akpom / Fletcher 

The options are endless and the best for a long time .

Hats off to Steve .

Edited by Simply Red
Change
10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Here is a hypothetical question for all the posters now the window has closed.

It is the play off final and all the team is fit and all playing close to the maximum of their respective abilities. Based on that who would be your starting 11 for the big game:

For me:

Betti

Dijk Fry Paddy Bola

Howson Sav

Tav Kebano Bolasie

Fletcher

it was toss up between Britt and Fletch as both at they best are good but Britt at his best still misses easy chances but either of them two on top form are good.

The really intriguing thing about this question is that with so many permutations to choose from, the best combination on paper might not be the best combination on the pitch. We might all pick MDF MPV NML to play out wide, only to discover Britt and Kebano have an intuitive understanding of each other's play from their time together in the Congo.

I suspect it'll take February and possibly part of March for Warnock to figure out which combination works best, so let's hope we're still in touch with the play-off spots by the time the team starts to gel around a particular XI. Imagine going into the play-offs as the form team in the top six...

11 hours ago, estonpidge said:

@TLF10

For me:

Betti

Dijk   Fry   McNair   Bola

Howson Saville

NML      Kebano     Bolasie

Fletcher

Tav must must must be in the starting 11 given how good he’s been for us this season. 

Edited by J.T.
58 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Tav must must must be in the starting 11 given how good he’s been for us this season. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kebano played a lot as striker tbh.

• Tom locked this topic