oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Just silly old thick me here to put my two cents out there.

The article contradicts his statements on Akpom from the summer and it's important to highlight it. Because in the summer, before anything had happened, he declared Akpom was his number one target.

Now we're in a situation where our strikers are struggling and the Akpom question is asked and he becomes the recruitment team's number one target. That's not on. You can't take credit for something in the positive moment and throw someone or a group of people under the bus when it goes wrong. It doesn't do much to add weight to his comments.

But what does add weight to his comments today? Well, our recruitment over the past however many years for a start. Something bemoaned all year round by Boro fans far and wide, on this forum and beyond. Now here's a comment from a man who's thrown them under the bus just as much as we have and with a better perspective of what they're doing and we're gonna thoroughly discredit that because of the crap way he's dealt with this situation?

What's more important here, whether Warnock takes responsibility for this or we eventually see an improvement to our recruitment? The former situation leaves a horrid taste in my mouth but the latter affects us no matter who is in charge.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Do you enjoy the football that we are playing at the moment?

I don't mind it at all, I'm not enjoying the mistakes but mistakes aren't a style of play.

But I'm obviously too stupid to know better.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Now now, nobody is calling anyone stupid or thick, that’s a bit of a leap. 

It's not at all.

Saying intelligent posters know that his football is awful implies that those who don't think his football is awful are unintelligent.

• Like 2

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neil-warnock-delighted-middlesbrough-complete-18960314

For context on why our manager is a liar, can't take responsibility for his own actions and cannot be trusted no matter what he says -

He's been my number one choice. I've wanted him for a long time. I'd like to give a big thanks to Neil Bausor for getting it done.

And just to have the new comments side by side -

The recruitment team, he was top of their list really. We couldn't watch games in that period, we only looked at Chuba on the internet. He looked the best of the bunch from what we were looking at so that's why we signed him.

"I think on the stats, the recruitment were convinced he was the best one. He started off really well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neil-warnock-delighted-middlesbrough-complete-18960314

For context on why our manager is a liar, can't take responsibility for his own actions and cannot be trusted no matter what he says -

He's been my number one choice. I've wanted him for a long time. I'd like to give a big thanks to Neil Bausor for getting it done.

Nothing is ever his fault, he gained his nickname for a reason. 

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's not at all.

Saying intelligent posters know that his football is awful implies that those who don't think his football is awful are unintelligent.

I think deep down, you know that his long ball tactics aren’t very good. 

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Only if you believe that there are only intelligent or thick people in the world with nothing in between. That’s an incredibly polarised view of the world. 

Your comment said that intelligent people know something others don't and what you're gonna fall back on is that just because someone is less intelligent it doesn't mean they're thick?

Fair enough, that adds up. But that still makes you sound incredibly pretentious, you're still saying people are less intelligent than you for not holding the same opinion as you. Sure, you might not be calling them thick but you might as well be.

• Confused 1
28 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Your comment said that intelligent people know something others don't and what you're gonna fall back on is that just because someone is less intelligent it doesn't mean they're thick?

Fair enough, that adds up. But that still makes you sound incredibly pretentious, you're still saying people are less intelligent than you for not holding the same opinion as you. Sure, you might not be calling them thick but you might as well be.

It was meant to be an incredibly pretentious comment, I’m in an incredibly pretentious mood today, I won’t lie. 

• Tom locked this topic