oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

42 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

For sure Bamford and Gibson were major losses, but I don't think we hugely missed any of the others that left.

In any case we were doing pretty well for most of the season, until that string of 6 defeats in a row.

So the squad we had was obviously not as poor as he makes out. Just something went badly wrong during those 5 weeks.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Brunners said:

100% agreed. Not sure what he thought he would achieve here, he must know his quotes about Akpom being his first choice are out there, turning around and saying "ah actually I never really wanted him" now makes him look *** terrible.

Tbh I'm fairly sure that he's already forgotten what he said in the summer. That tends to be the case when you're lying.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

For sure Bamford and Gibson were major losses, but I don't think we hugely missed any of the others that left.

In any case we were doing pretty well for most of the season, until that string of 6 defeats in a row.

So the squad we had was obviously not as poor as he makes out. Just something went badly wrong during those 5 weeks.

He preferred Gestede to Bamford then sold Bamford and bought Saville!

• Sad 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yes please! He gets me so angry I sweat too! 

Goddam it 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/02/report-burnley-and-middlesbrough-missed-out-on-exciting-bayern-munich-man/

some youngster we missed out on. One for future threads along with matic

I'm no Brexiteer but the way this article starts by framing the choice of being between us, Burnley and Bayern Munich in any way related to Brexit is pretty embarrassing.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm no Brexiteer but the way this article starts by framing the choice of being between us, Burnley and Bayern Munich in any way related to Brexit is pretty embarrassing.

It’s really poor journalism.

11 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It’s really poor journalism.

Doesn’t brexit just limit the number of under 18s you can sign to 3 a window? So we could of signed him because we signed no one else 

12 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It looks like going on trial and then signing for Bayern has only just happened - it’s dated yesterday, so maybe it was only over last month that he showed enough to interest Bayern. 
Even at under 18, I assume Burnley or us could only have signed him during the transfer window? In other words over a month ago. So maybe the article wasn’t totally off the mark.

1 hour ago, ABH said:

Doesn’t brexit just limit the number of under 18s you can sign to 3 a window? So we could of signed him because we signed no one else 

I don't think that's true, no. EU transfers essentially follow the same rules as non-EU transfers now because they need work permits to play in this country now. We can't sign under-18s at all any more and EU teams can't sign them from us either.

So we can't sign under 18s. No matter their age we can't sign anyone without a GBE and we can't sign more than 6 players who need a GBE in one season. A GBE is awarded on a point-based system that judges things like international caps, FIFA ranking of their country and on a domestic level, the strength of the league and the number of appearances they've made in it.

2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

It looks like going on trial and then signing for Bayern has only just happened - it’s dated yesterday, so maybe it was only over last month that he showed enough to interest Bayern. 
Even at under 18, I assume Burnley or us could only have signed him during the transfer window? In other words over a month ago. So maybe the article wasn’t totally off the mark.

We can't sign under-18s so our interest in him was all but pointless. I think the best thing we can do is to put in place an agreement to sign them when they turn 18 and even then, we'd have to hope they didn't lose the criteria to get a work permit in that time so it seems a pointless move.

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Can we get the summer transfer window thread up or keep using this but change the thread title? 

Why .... what you heard 😉

• Tom locked this topic