oneBoro Forum
Old Codger

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Feel this is a make or break week in terms of the season. If we feel the play offs are achievable then we’ll bring the 3 players we need or if Gibson’s happy with mid table I’m guessing it’ll just be the 1 player. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Feel this is a make or break week in terms of the season. If we feel the play offs are achievable then we’ll bring the 3 players we need or if Gibson’s happy with mid table I’m guessing it’ll just be the 1 player. 

Winger, Striker and ???

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Winger, Striker and ???

Defensive cover surely 

Just now, Donnyboro said:

Defensive cover surely 

Yeah I agree, I've thought we've looked short there since the last window, now with Hall and Fry out even more so.

• Like 1

Reckon we could do with two wingers in. Tav’s injury looked quite bad

Warnock did say on a previous interview that it could be 3 players in, but didn't state what position, and said I'd leave it to you (the press) to speculate. 

I was thinking through the game and before fry got injured that we don't have a lot of depth in defensive cover especially on the right side of defence. I didn't rate Spence as a right back before the game and still don't now.

31 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Anyone know if Warnock said anything re: transfers?

Think Warnock said he wanted to transfer some of Branthwaite's teeth from his mouth to the floor.

• Haha 3

No mention of transfers. I was also hoping for news on Dijksteel but no mention there.

i am hoping fry will be ok for Wed. It was a nasty cut but hoping few days treatmenr will see him right.

Woods imo needs a loan. There clearly potential there but there also a lot of immaturity in his play which is very understandable. 

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

No mention of transfers. I was also hoping for news on Dijksteel but no mention there.

i am hoping fry will be ok for Wed. It was a nasty cut but hoping few days treatmenr will see him right.

Woods imo needs a loan. There clearly potential there but there also a lot of immaturity in his play which is very understandable. 

We've got to wait till we know if there's been a fracture I suppose. You can't even blow your nose for weeks after an eye-socket fracture, let alone consider contact sport - so that will be the key info. If his vision was affected that lasts 2-4 months even after treatment too. Have we had any info on him yet?

Or, for that matter, on Tav?

7 hours ago, Donnyboro said:

Let's hope Gibson gives Warnock the green light.

8 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

No offense but you must be mad to think we will be able to get 3 players in

I wasn’t saying I think we will was just saying  that’s what we needed/ warnock wanted 

Birmingham have received a bid of £1m for Juke. Surely not us.

Ticks a few boxes. Would be a target man, cheap price, scores goals in the championship and a former player.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Birmingham have received a bid of £1m for Juke. Surely not us.

Ticks a few boxes. Would be a target man, cheap price, scores goals in the championship and a former player.

Hope it is us would fit our style, nice alternative cto fletch