oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Just now, RiseAgainst said:

We've already got someone on here with a visceral dislike of Bolassie. Who's going to take on the same job regarding Fisher, now we've apparently had an offer for him accepted?

I think it's a ballsy move personally 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

We've already got someone on here with a visceral dislike of Bolassie. Who's going to take on the same role with Fisher, now we've apparently had an offer for him accepted? Anyone unable to hear the name Darnell without wanting to spit on the floor or kick the cat?

He was rubbish first time he was here, would rather he buggered off back to denmark

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Odd to buy a right-back permanently, for me. I'd guess that all but kills Spence's future here as a right-back. So it all but kills Spence's future here.

Roberts loan could be terminated and Spence can provide cover on the wing for the rest of the season.

He who shall not be name and Watmore with Johnson, Cookson and Spence as back up.

Agent mate says we are still chasing one more after this and we are still pimping Britt out.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

£300,000 for an experienced player is a pittance, though I'd hope he doesn't usurp Dijksteel's place long term.

I wonder does he see Dijksteel moving into central defence?

Similar statistical (on the surface) output from Fisher compared to Bola and Dijksteel. I think he's played on the left sporadically too, which if he can competently cover both fullback positions gives us a decent back up option on either side.

Was Warnock in charge of Rotherham when Fisher was there?

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Similar statistical (on the surface) output from Fisher compared to Bola and Dijksteel. I think he's played on the left sporadically too, which if he can competently cover both fullback positions gives us a decent back up option on either side.

Was Warnock in charge of Rotherham when Fisher was there?

Yes, but only for a few months. At least he's a known quantity to Warnock, who's presumably happy to bring him here based on that prior knowledge.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I wonder does he see Dijksteel moving into central defence?

I was thinking this. Dijksteel as the first choice RB, but who moves inside if McNair or Fry aren't available.

Fisher at £300k is a good deal. Established Championship RB getting towards his prime. Pretty low risk deal.

Dijksteel's quite a versatile player to be fair. Played DM at Charlton for a bit I'm certain and looked very comfortable at CB for us (albeit in a back 3). I'd imagine Dijksteel starts, but moves centrally with Fisher starting over Wood if one of our CB's is out.

3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I was thinking this. Dijksteel as the first choice RB, but who moves inside if McNair or Fry aren't available.

Fisher at £300k is a good deal. Established Championship RB getting towards his prime. Pretty low risk deal.

Yes agree. It looks like a good deal all around for us

3 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Can't say I've focussed on Fisher although he's an established Championship player. Has anyone had a look on any Preston forums for their opinions?

Some selected bits:

" Selling Darnell for 300k to a Championship rival isn’t the brightest of ideas?"

"It’s been alluded to on here that Neil rates him, but those above don’t"

"Depends on how good you think Darnell is. I just want someone that doesn’t have to be subbed every game due to being at risk of sending off."

"Strange season... before we started we would have all agreed that; Fisher, Davies, Pearson, Johnson would all be first on the team sheet. We’re going in to the second half of the season without 3 of them..."

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, MMC said:

Dijksteel's quite a versatile player to be fair. Played DM at Charlton for a bit I'm certain and looked very comfortable at CB for us (albeit in a back 3). I'd imagine Dijksteel starts, but moves centrally with Fisher starting over Wood if one of our CB's is out.

I believe he started out as a DM and it was actually Charlton that converted him into a RB.

• Tom locked this topic