• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

But now that we are at it, I don’t think you’ll find anyone who thinks it was good to buy Britt, Braithwaite and fletcher and thus having to sell bamford. But as it were we became victims of our own terrible recruitment and wasting money and appointing horrible managers so had to look at sellable assets. At the time we banked 10 million for a player who at that time didn’t look like anything but a decent championship striker. Even last season plenty of Leeds fans were frustrated with him and I’ve been asked multiple times if we couldn’t just take him back. At the time I though the deal was very good but obviously now it looks like a bargain for Leeds. I didn’t think he’d ever be such a successful premier league striker. 
But the bamford love in every time he does something good is very tiresome. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, edinboro said:

The mistake was signing Fletcher and Braithwaite making Bamford the easy one to sell. Bonkers but made financial sense.

Yea, agree as well. Thanks Gary and Steve.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

So does every man and their dog.

We've all repeated that same point over and over for years now.

That’s because we haven’t had a decent striker since him. Maybe one day we’ll sign one and we’ll all forget about Bamford. 

8 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s because we haven’t had a decent striker since him. Maybe one day we’ll sign one and we’ll all forget about Bamford. 

To be fair I think it will be a very, very long time before we find a player of his caliber at the right price. Of course I’m biased because I liked Bamford and I just could not see why the club could not see his potential and value. if he was with the current team I believe we would be in the playoffs, but it’s just another club cock up we have witnessed all to often and we move on. 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's very easy to get over.

He was happy to leave, the club were happy to sell.

He's not coming back, but there are hundreds of Middlesbrough fans lighting a candle every time he scores.

I got the comments when it just happened, but people are still bringing up the exact same points when he scores 3 seasons later.

What gets my goat up is that we as a club (specially under pulis) criminally under valued bamford. After relegation he should have been our main striker, why oh why did we blow £30m on 3 extra central strikers? Imagine the creative players (that we ACTUALLY needed) we could have bought for that!

Then pulis rocked up and tried to shove bamford out wide, playing him centrally as the last resort before dropping him for our most important game of the season. Even a good section of fans didn’t ever seem to rate him.

We totally wasted the most talented striker we’d had in years, not only was he superb at the lone striker role (something that’s hard to find) but he also liked the club AND the area. It’s not as if he’s just bloomed out of nowhere, it was plainly obvious he was our best striker and the so called ‘experts’ at the club ruined it.

• Like 3
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

This Bamford love in feels a bit revisionalist.

I could be wrong but I don’t recall it when he signed for us or when he left. 

I can’t think of many on here who wanted Bamford to leave. Maybe there were, but I always rated him ahead of Britt and thought it was the wrong decision. Then again I was against Britt signing at the time, so maybe I was biased. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

This Bamford love in feels a bit revisionalist.

I could be wrong but I don’t recall it when he signed for us or when he left. 

Just because the vocal majority thought it was a good deal doesn’t mean plenty of us knew it was suicide by the club.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic