oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Am I right in reading that Liverpool are buying Ben Davies from PNE for something like 20 million pounds? Out of contract in the summer. Surely that can’t be right. 

It's £2m borodane for Davies .

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Am I right in reading that Liverpool are buying Ben Davies from PNE for something like 20 million pounds? Out of contract in the summer. Surely that can’t be right. 

Wasn't it announced the other day that he'd signed a pre-contract with Celtic to join them in the summer?

1 minute ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Wasn't it announced the other day that he'd signed a pre-contract with Celtic to join them in the summer?

Yeah, wrongly.

You'd fob off a Celtic in absolute turmoil for the English league champions in a heart beat, even if he is largely going to be a benchwarmer.

He probably wouldn't even have to move house.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, wrongly.

You'd fob off a Celtic in absolute turmoil for the English league champions in a heart beat, even if he is largely going to be a benchwarmer.

He probably wouldn't even have to move house.

Thought it was all done.  

I never understood the move anyway, he's had Prem interest in him for a while so why go waste away up there?

If we can pull off grosicki/Hoillet and a striker then I’d fancy us for the play offs again. If we sell anyone tomorrow There aren’t many I’d be too bothered to see leave. 
This is a total wildcard but I noticed Danny Rose’s move to trabsonspor collapsed. Given our interest in some big name left backs last summer I wonder if we might throw in an offer. I know bola has done well but adding Rose to the team could transform us.

I'm amazed the Gazette haven't run an article about the Bristol City striker. Normally if one or other of the Gazette or Echo have a story the other follows suit. I reckon the Gazette will have it as a done deal in the morning.

It once all kicked off on a Sunday night when Vickers ran with a story both he and the Echo had been given. Was supposed to be both publish at the same time.

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

If we can pull off grosicki/Hoillet and a striker then I’d fancy us for the play offs again. If we sell anyone tomorrow There aren’t many I’d be too bothered to see leave. 
This is a total wildcard but I noticed Danny Rose’s move to trabsonspor collapsed. Given our interest in some big name left backs last summer I wonder if we might throw in an offer. I know bola has done well but adding Rose to the team could transform us.

Sack that. I was all up for Rose when it was touted first time around but since then Bola has proved he’s one of the best in this league with further improvement to come. We don’t need Rose and his constant spinning of the dummy out. Other areas to prioritise. Johnson and Coulson can fill in left back if needs be and we always have to options of wing backs. 

• Like 1

Had a busy/nightmare month so not been on.

Britt still on to go, was Bristol City who I expected him to go to earlier on and I can see the swap happening.

From seemingly nothing happening it looks like there’s loads of moves going on all over. 

No idea who the players are that we missed out on.

Think Spence might go too.

No way Tav leaves.

Been offered Gilmour from Chelsea but not that interested. 

Can see us getting a forward, winger and CB

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Just now, edinboro said:

I'm amazed the Gazette haven't run an article about the Bristol City striker. Normally if one or other of the Gazette or Echo have a story the other follows suit. I reckon the Gazette will have it as a done deal in the morning.

It once all kicked off on a Sunday night when Vickers ran with a story both he and the Echo had been given. Was supposed to be both publish at the same time.

They will deffo run a story in the morning about how we are chasing/hoping to sign numerous players. To build up excitement it's the job of a journalist

Just now, Lurker said:

Had a busy/nightmare month so not been on.

Britt still on to go, was Bristol City who I expected him to go to earlier on and I can see the swap happening.

From seemingly nothing happening it looks like there’s loads of moves going on all over. 

No idea who the players are that we missed out on.

Think Spence might go too.

No way Tav leaves.

Been offered Gilmour from Chelsea but not that interested. 

Gilmour would be interesting. 

• Tom locked this topic