• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Do we think Warnock is likely to stay next season now that we seem to be more keen to sanction moves for 'Warnock players'?

Wouldn't really make a lot of sense to sign the likes of Glatzel or Diedhiou if we need a new manager in the summer who will come in and want to start yet another rebuild. 

4 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Do we think Warnock is likely to stay next season now that we seem to be more keen to sanction moves for 'Warnock players'?

Wouldn't really make a lot of sense to sign the likes of Glatzel or Diedhiou if we need a new manager in the summer who will come in and want to start yet another rebuild. 

As long as we stay in a similar style of manager it won’t be too bad. It’s when we bring in someone who wants to play tippy tappa with a bunch of plodders.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

As long as we stay in a similar style of manager it won’t be too bad. It’s when we bring in someone who wants to play tippy tappa with a bunch of plodders.

I can't remember that last time we signed a manager that actually suited the group of players we had at the time unfortunately 

• Like 1

To be fair we have a group of young pacey players who would suit a fast counter attacking type of football very well, I really don't see a team full of plodders who can only play kick and run football that people keep going on about

• Like 2

Tav, Watmore and Bolasie around a clever target man will cause teams problems. I think our inability to play ‘good’ football is

A) Warnocks insistence in hitting the channels early and

B) a midfield with Saville and Morsey in isn’t technically good enough to dictate possession 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Been offered Gilmour from Chelsea but not that interested. 

Nah, of course we're not interested in Billy Gilmour ffs then he'd actually have to play an exciting midfield.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, A21 said:

B) a midfield with Saville and Morsey in isn’t technically good enough to dictate possession 

Our midfield is missing someone who can create from deep. Been the same issue since we got relegated. Probably argue even at times under Karanka we had the same issue.

Lea

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Our midfield is missing someone who can create from deep. Been the same issue since we got relegated. Probably argue even at times under Karanka we had the same issue.

Leadbitters long raking passes were effective  under Karanka but I don’t see anybody bar Howson who can create from midfield. Personally I’d like to see Tav a little deeper, more central and running at defences.  

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

If we signed a centre half , McNair could be that player .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Nah, of course we're not interested in Billy Gilmour ffs then he'd actually have to play an exciting midfield.

I would have thought Gilmour would be ideal , like Connor Gallagher, and one I was hoping we would go for , Joe Lolley .

Just now, Simply Red said:

If we signed a centre half , McNair could be that player .

I agree with you, although I believe Neil Warnock has said something along the lines of Paddy is ‘a great centre half but average midfielder’. He’d be so dangerous on the right of a midfield 3

• Tom locked this topic