oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

We should be trying to sell Assombalonga in January, he's not contributing anywhere near enough to be indispensable and getting something for him is better than nothing.

He's also not contributing anywhere near enough to be worth a new contract, at least in my opinion. 

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

If we can offload someone then fine, I'm not sure how likely it is though.  Assombalonga will be on too much money I'd have thought and why pay any kind of transfer fee for a player you can get on a free transfer 6 months down the line.

8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

We should be trying to sell Assombalonga in January, he's not contributing anywhere near enough to be indispensable and getting something for him is better than nothing.

He's also not contributing anywhere near enough to be worth a new contract, at least in my opinion. 

You wouldn't even get £2million that's the problem with 6months to run on contract but yeah I would get shot.

Feel sorry for him as he's played as a lone striker more or less throughout his time at us and we have used him as a target man and that isn't his strength, however he constantly misses easy chances. Very poor signing especially you put into context he is our record signing 😂

• Like 2

I get a feeling the club have the option of extending Britts contract with a year. Too risky to just let him go on a free in the summer. I think we will see his contract will be extended and we will look to offload him in the summer.

47 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I get a feeling the club have the option of extending Britts contract with a year. Too risky to just let him go on a free in the summer. I think we will see his contract will be extended and we will look to offload him in the summer.

This. Problem is any built in extension will be either on the same or increased terms and he's already well above what we want to be paying.

• Like 1

Agree regarding Britt.

It seems clear Warnock will be targeting wide players given his comments over last few weeks about not creating enough and playing full backs in wide attacking positions.

Bolasie is the obvious name along with likes of Grosicki. Interesting to see if links with Holliett emerge again given he in to last 6 mths of his deal. 

• Like 1

Just going back to Britt. Is there anywhere where it says he signed a 4yr deal? I just googled us signing him and there no mention of the length of contract in any of articles i can find?

45 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Agree regarding Britt.

It seems clear Warnock will be targeting wide players given his comments over last few weeks about not creating enough and playing full backs in wide attacking positions.

Bolasie is the obvious name along with likes of Grosicki. Interesting to see if links with Holliett emerge again given he in to last 6 mths of his deal. 

You say that mate but he has perfectly good winger in Roberts sitting on the bench while he plays a young right back there. If he is expecting the likes of Bolasie and Grosicki to do the hard graft that I'm assuming he doesn't play Roberts for then I think he'll be in for a shock. 

2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

You say that mate but he has perfectly good winger in Roberts sitting on the bench while he plays a young right back there. If he is expecting the likes of Bolasie and Grosicki to do the hard graft that I'm assuming he doesn't play Roberts for then I think he'll be in for a shock. 

I agree with you mate. I think Roberts needs a rub of games. This idea of throwing him in here and there is unfair on him and neither will it see him produce his best. He might produce some mediocre performances to start with but give him a run of games and then see what he can do. If he fails to produce over a run of a half dozen games then by all means pass judgment

For what it is worth i would be looking to get someone in on left who can cut in. A roberts equivalent almost. Bolasie would have been a good fit. 

4 hours ago, Will said:

This. Problem is any built in extension will be either on the same or increased terms and he's already well above what we want to be paying.

He's never going to get the same contract anywhere else, so perhaps he'd be open to a new three year contract on say 25k instead of risk being without a club in the summer. Just this season it's become pretty apparent that a lot of players find it hard to get contract offers. I would still assume that he will get offers on a free, but not close to what heis on here. If he is happy he could well think that we will offer him the best deal perhaps with a Prem club release clause.

24 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He's never going to get the same contract anywhere else, so perhaps he'd be open to a new three year contract on say 25k instead of risk being without a club in the summer. Just this season it's become pretty apparent that a lot of players find it hard to get contract offers. I would still assume that he will get offers on a free, but not close to what heis on here. If he is happy he could well think that we will offer him the best deal perhaps with a Prem club release clause.

I was thinking an offer more like £10K but then again I don't think he has fit into any Manager's system since he has been here so unless we build a team around his strengths I don't see what he brings to the table. Due to those limitations I would let him go in January if someone did offer him something just to save on the rumoured £35K a week (around a £1M of wages saved).

It would leave us light on Strikers but I reckon we could take a budget gamble elsewhere and save ourselves a fortune and be no worse off. Its not going to happen of course as nobody will buy anyone who has 6 months remaining of a contract, they will just sign a pre agreement but if they did urgently want him I wouldn't stand in his or their way.

A Premiership loan could more than adequately cover plus Fletcher would be returning soon.

• Tom locked this topic