oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

You'd imagine Warnock will know the reason. Either the player will tell him or his old Chairman at Cardiff surely?

I reckon Warnock will happily give him a chance what with him knowing the player. But will others so easily forget about it, whether they do or don't know what happened? I know I would be uneasy working with someone in that situation, especially if I never got to know what happened. It's hard to forgive someone or give them a chance when you don't have a clue what they did, all you know is it was enough to get their contract very publicly cancelled.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

According to the ITKers on the Cardiff board Mendez-Laing has just completed a 6 month suspension issued by the EFL, no confirmation as to what he did to justify being issued with the ban mind.

• Wow 1
8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

From SKY blog

ARTETA: I SPEAK TO EDU MORE THAN MY WIFE!

It would also be strange if Arteta's wife spoke more to Edu than him...

The only way I know my Mrs is still here... the dishes stop piling up

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

This message board:

Woodgate coke bad

Mendez-Laing coke good

We've had Woody as both a player and manager, so it'd be hypocritical to turn our noses up at Mendez-Laing (pun intended), especially since nobody on here knows what he did for certain.

Just now, Riverside94 said:

I’m sure there was talk of him being a dealer and some assault and something about smashing a car up? All rumours of course but doesn’t sound great

This was what I'd read.

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

😬

Only rumours about why it happened but I'm very uncomfortable diving into this one. If he was in serious breach of contract at Cardiff, I can't imagine our ideals are so different that we'd expect any less of him in whatever he did.

Perhaps shouldn't be forcibly kept out of football without any criminal charges but I kind of feel like if it was a breach of contract, if there's no explanation given, he's just gonna have a cloud over his head. I mean, what about our other players? I imagine they will want to know what happened, too. And if they don't know, will they put that to the back of their minds? If they find out and it is something they don't agree with, will they happily move on from it?

I dunno - footballers can get up to all sorts of shenanigans...including breach of Covid regs these days.

Could be simple disciplinary problems like not showing for training, having a go at one of the coaches or other staff member, clashing with other players. Maybe he got caught with some illicit substance in his kit bag...who knows?

I'd agree that whatever it is, it would probably help massively to have an open and frank discussion, or just some sort of annoucement with the whole squad present. Just to squash any rumours and "clear the air" as they say.

Secrets and suspicions in the dressing room definitely won't help.

I think as long as its nothing too heinous, everyone should be able to deal with it and move on.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I dunno - footballers can get up to all sorts of shenanigans...including breach of Covid regs these days.

Could be simple disciplinary problems like not showing for training, having a go at one of the coaches or other staff member, clashing with other players. Maybe he got caught with some illicit substance in his kit bag...who knows?

I'd agree that whatever it is, it would probably help massively to have an open and frank discussion, or just some sort of annoucement with the whole squad present. Just to squash any rumours and "clear the air" as they say.

Secrets and suspicions in the dressing room definitely won't help.

I think as long as its nothing too heinous, everyone should be able to deal with it and move on.

Feel like it should be addressed maybe what it was to get a clean slate though?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

This message board:

Woodgate coke bad

Mendez-Laing coke good

Don't think anyone has said it's good.

• Tom locked this topic