Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Number 1 - it was bad enough to get sacked from a club which normally never happens in football. The fact that it's not come out just makes it more likely to be pretty bad. How can we decide if he's worthy of a second chance if we don't know what he did?

 

Number 2 - that gets reported to the police by the victim and he goes to jail or at very least ends up on a register. It's sexual assual FFS.

1. How can we decide without knowing a thing about it? You haven’t got a clue what it’s about but just to be safe he shouldn’t be allowed a second chance. Thats usually something that happens in the courtroom of some backwards corrupt country. But each to their own. 
 

2. Maybe in the very extreme sense. But to say the club has a flawed moral is still over the top. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I genuinely don't see a difference between Karanka and Warnock, beyond better players available to Karanka. We were still very much safety first and didn't score any more than a Warnock side

Friend and nsue pushed way more forward than Bola and dijksteel. Playing a number 10 instead of 3 in midfield. We passed the ball on the floor instead of through the air from defence to the wings.

Those are the three main distinctions and they make all the difference for me. If you can only really hit a team from the wings like we do, it just becomes boring. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

1. How can we decide without knowing a thing about it? You haven’t got a clue what it’s about but just to be safe he shouldn’t be allowed a second chance. Thats usually something that happens in the courtroom of some backwards corrupt country. But each to their own. 
 

2. Maybe in the very extreme sense. But to say the club has a flawed moral is still over the top. 

1. It's questionable no matter how you spin it mate. It might not be that bad but everything is pointing to the fact it is. I'd rather know what it is so I can make that judgement myself, the fact that it's been hidden just makes me even more wary. If you're happy enough to just accept that it's all fine then that's okay but I'm not. 

2. Extreme sense? If he did that to a female lines woman on the pitch what do you think would happen? And why is it different? By signing him we showed we don't really care if that's the type of conduct we can expect from our players. If that's not a flawed moral standpoint I don't know what is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Friend and nsue pushed way more forward than Bola and dijksteel. Playing a number 10 instead of 3 in midfield. We passed the ball on the floor instead of through the air from defence to the wings.

Those are the three main distinctions and they make all the difference for me. If you can only really hit a team from the wings like we do, it just becomes boring. 

Fair enough I found Karanka's side pretty boring and slow, so each to their own

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Well, Warnock and pulis are the only two who have refused to play any more than 3 attacking players at any one time. McLaren and karanka were safety first, can't deny that. But we always ensured we had enough players who could do damage at the other end of the pitch which made it much easier to watch. I think that's the main difference really. 

McLaren had 5 strikers on the pitch in the match against Steaua bucher 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Oh yes, still can’t control my excitement over Bolasie.......

Your posts are always unnecessarily gloomy it seems....

spacer.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

McLaren had 5 strikers on the pitch in the match against Steaua bucher 

That was an anomaly to be fair, but he did normally line up with zenden, 2 of mendieta, juninho or downing plus 2 of yakubu, hasselbaink or viduka. In retrospect it's amazing that he managed to be as defensive as he was with all those players on the pitch!

Goes to show just how damn good boateng, Southgate and ehiogu/riggott actually were!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe Grosicki isn’t on the move. West Brom have signed about four players today, surely he’s available. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...