oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Well that was some frantic activity but I bet the cleaner is frustrated having to leave the fax machine on and not being able to clean up.
Fresh faces will make a change but it will take time for them to get up to fitness and settle in. I do believe they could make a impact but how much and given the time period left I can’t judge. Now before you jump in let’s be honest in we all agree that in this devision anyone can beat anyone on the day. What I’m indicating, it’s highly unlikely we will go on a extended unbeaten run and fly up the league collecting points. 
I would like to see Roberts make a impression, perhaps another Barmby?  

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

So Warnock really is a Warlock. Finally it looks like we have pace, power and balance up top.

He really needs to be here next season to give him a proper go with this team. Delighted with the window. Squad certainly looks strong up top. Who'd have thought we would end up with 3 players from DR Congo!!

This is exactly what I hoped Pulis would do. Revamp the squad without spending silly money.

Let's hope the squad gels fast and we can push on. 4231 with the ball on the ground please.

26 minutes ago, Borodane said:

With the dust settling I think the clb will be turning their attention to talks with Britt and Fletcher. Especially the latter we will try to convince to stay. Unless we are offering Fletcher an absolute pittance I think he will feel that he owes us more than just walking away for free. I know he's not a boro fan like the rest of us, but he seems like a good guy who likes it here, and I don't think he's done enough to expect a big contract offer from elsewhere. I hope Fulham stay up now, which might give us a chance og signing Kebano, if he proves to be a succes. Good window and we haven't lumbered ourselves with big long contracts. Regardless of whether we are going up we have a decet spine to build on in the summer with no huge contracts.

On a side note it's going to be interesting to see how Roberts fare for the rest of the season at Derby.

I really don't see any point in retaining Britt and Fletcher. It would just mean we have gone from 2 expensive forwatds that are not much good, to 2 less expensive forwards who are not much good. They have had 4 years at Boro and must surely be deemed as 'failures' in the scheme of things.

Up front, start again with new personnel.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Borodane said:

With the dust settling I think the clb will be turning their attention to talks with Britt and Fletcher. Especially the latter we will try to convince to stay. Unless we are offering Fletcher an absolute pittance I think he will feel that he owes us more than just walking away for free. I know he's not a boro fan like the rest of us, but he seems like a good guy who likes it here, and I don't think he's done enough to expect a big contract offer from elsewhere. I hope Fulham stay up now, which might give us a chance og signing Kebano, if he proves to be a succes. Good window and we haven't lumbered ourselves with big long contracts. Regardless of whether we are going up we have a decet spine to build on in the summer with no huge contracts.

On a side note it's going to be interesting to see how Roberts fare for the rest of the season at Derby.

You just know for an initial period he will fit in very well and will score goals in a confident Derby. And we play Derby next week so will soon find out!

The links with Kamara I wonder if he was purposefully mentioned to draw attention away from Kebano or did someone not listen properly😁

8 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Kebano is the one that looks really exciting to me. We have some good options for those attacking spots now, hopefully we can get them all upto speed sooner rather than later.

Only concern is central midfield, if one of Howson, Morsy or Saville go down we look a little light there.

McNair and Dijksteel can step up if required in an emergency.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

turntables GIF

Sorry is this aimed at me? 

When have I ever claimed to know anything apart from Chelsea related stuff because my mate is an actual accredited journalist who sits in the press boxes (even now) and conducts pitch side interviews alongside attending press conferences? 

Or have I totally misread this?

23 minutes ago, morrissey said:

I really don't see any point in retaining Britt and Fletcher. It would just mean we have gone from 2 expensive forwatds that are not much good, to 2 less expensive forwards who are not much good. They have had 4 years at Boro and must surely be deemed as 'failures' in the scheme of things.

Up front, start again with new personnel.

It's being so cheerful that keeps you going.

Complaining now that we didn't sell players.......might be a first

I made a fuss the other day that people were labelling this as a great window a few days ago etc.

BUT, i'm really happy with the way it turned out and the signings we made yesterday particularly Kebano who could be that missing piece of magic in the #10 area. 

I think this now is the best January window we've had since Rhodes and Ramirez in terms of getting players for positional needs and showing some intent for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's being so cheerful that keeps you going.

Complaining now that we didn't sell players.......might be a first

He was happy in the haze of a drunken hour,

But heaven knows he's miserable now...

😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can't really knock our recent recruitment in general to be fair. Lots of shrewd buys at sensible prices. Even Woody's signings have come good. 

I'm seeing Fletcher as like a new signing too - reckon he'll be our first choice striker very soon. Faster and better in the air than Britt or Akpom. 

2 hours ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Boot up complete! I’ve got a full tray of paper and I’m raring to go. This is gonna be just like the good old days. 

Hey, where is everyone?

Sorry mate - time for the dust cover to go back on. 😁

• Like 1

I tell you what.. It was nice going to bed early and waking up to that news. Jesus we have a decent squad again with plenty of options. If we cannot create more chances with these new signings then we never will.  And anyone who think Mendez Lang is out of shape look at him he's been in dubai training. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKBPIbagoVz/?igshid=17oq5p92h8vbn

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic