oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Very happy with that.

No excuses for Britt now. He either shapes up and gets a good offer or we, and any potential suitors, finally discover he's no longer up to it.

One niggling, lingering doubt I still have is the goalkeeping position. Can't stop envisioning a situation whereby a wonderful, flowing, champagne-soccer performance is deflated by a handling blunder.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I've been (probably deservedly) critical of Steve Gibson in recent years, but he's played a blinder here. On a shoestring budget with little incoming revenue, he's backed his manager and given us genuine strength in attacking depth for the first time in years.

For once, Boro have kept their cards close to their chest, got the admin team Photoshopping new signings out, and delighted the fans. Warnock must be grinning like a Cheshire cat today, and next time Bettinelli hoofs the ball 70 yards up the pitch, we might actually have the pace and talent to retain possession.

Bravo, MFC. We've got nineteen games to make yesterday count, and it could be a really fun journey now. UTB.

I'll admit its nice just to see we've done some business and brought people in to strengthen areas we've been weak in (hopefully).

I'll withhold praise for now, until we see how the new guys work out, but considering it looked for a long while like we'd struggle to bring anyone in, you have to say fair play to the chairman and manager.

We haven't scoured the lower leagues or made loan signings from PL teams who just want their youngsters to get some experience. We've signed players with some sort of track record in the Championship, who ought to be solid additions to the squad. 🤞

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I tell you what.. It was nice going to bed early and waking up to that news. Jesus we have a decent squad again with plenty of options. If we cannot create more chances with these new signings then we never will.  And anyone who think Mendez Lang is out of shape look at him he's been in dubai training. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKBPIbagoVz/?igshid=17oq5p92h8vbn

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIOS4Ttgo15/

Can see he was clearly working hard here. Dude is just stocky.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's clearly a unit even when fully fit, but that Dubai training was 2 months ago.

He could have had a mega Christmas and packed on the pounds.

Unless he's posting old pics, he was in Dubai as recently as 2 weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Unless he's posting old pics, he was in Dubai as recently as 2 weeks ago.

He's posting old pictures, I'd say.

Though I'd obviously prefer if he had been training so recently.

Woken up absolutely buzzing today, can’t wait to see how things pan out, I just hope we are patient and give all of the new players time to settle in.

sidenote: I don’t live in the north of England and was telling my friends my excitement over NML and Kebano and none of them had heard of either of them. Some ‘big’ club fans really lack a footballing knowledge I think.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Whoppy said:

Woken up absolutely buzzing today, can’t wait to see how things pan out, I just hope we are patient and give all of the new players time to settle in.

sidenote: I don’t live in the north of England and was telling my friends my excitement over NML and Kebano and none of them had heard of either of them. Some ‘big’ club fans really lack a footballing knowledge I think.

I think a lot of people on here have a similar set up. I live in East London and apart from a few PNE and Forest fans everyone I know just follows a Top 6 side or West Ham. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I tell you what.. It was nice going to bed early and waking up to that news. Jesus we have a decent squad again with plenty of options. If we cannot create more chances with these new signings then we never will.  And anyone who think Mendez Lang is out of shape look at him he's been in dubai training. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKBPIbagoVz/?igshid=17oq5p92h8vbn

He is a beast and he will be very good for us, I reckon. His relationship with our Neil is important too. The same goes for Yannick. 

Regarding Kebano, he is kinda match fit, I think and will start this Saturday.

The addition of these players will also make our other players better. I am sure Watmore, Tav and our strikers will thrive. 

The engine room will also contribute with more than just defending, cause they will have more space and tme, cause we now have competent forwards, who should draw a lot of defenders to them.

Can't wait for the rest of the season! 

UTMFB!

• Like 1

Wiltshire seems to be full of glory hunters, you tell who was winning things when they started following football by the teams they support.

my mate and his 3 brothers, Leeds, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal

Edited by estonpidge

Genuine question:

Is Bausor still working for us? 

Didn't someone say early in the season, that we were cleaning out our closet? 

This feels like Gibbo and NW team work with not mouch interference.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic