oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Bettinelli

Dijksteel   Fry   McNair   Bola

Howson Saville

Tav

Kebano                  Bolasie

Fletcher

Is what I think we see most. Possibly swap Tav and Kebano around too.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Posted Images

Bettinelli

Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola

Howson

Kebano               Tavernier

Mendez-Laing,   Fletcher,     Bolasie

4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I'm not used to feeling positive after the end of the window. What the hell do I do now???

Wait for the first time one of the new boys plays badly so we can start slagging him off as a waste of space?

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Wait for the first time one of the new boys plays badly so we can start slagging him off as a waste of space?

Well Wing has gone so we need a new boo boy 

22 minutes ago, sambaDTR said:

Bettinelli

Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola

Howson

Kebano               Tavernier

Mendez-Laing,   Fletcher,     Bolasie

0% chance

10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:
15 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I'm not used to feeling positive after the end of the window. What the hell do I do now???

You could also completely write one of them off before they kick a ball..

Brynn 🙃

Fisher, Fry, McNair, Bola 

Dijksteel, Howson 

NML, Tav, Kebab

Watmore 

Why not try Watmore as a striker. He puts in a shift and know where the goal is.

Sav, Bolasie, Fletcher, Britt .. some bench!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BearSmog said:

You could also completely write one of them off before they kick a ball..

Ah spot on!

I should then post about it excessively so I can tell everyone I was right all along if the player does turn out to be a dud.

That sound about right?

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Bettinelli

Dijksteel   Fry   McNair   Bola

Howson Saville

Tav

Kebano                  Bolasie

Fletcher

Is what I think we see most. Possibly swap Tav and Kebano around too.

I’d go with this but probably swop Saville with Morsy. It’s great we now have attacking options, particularly with the high number of subs available and question marks over players match fitness 

3 minutes ago, Boro-Loyal said:

I’d go with this but probably swop Saville with Morsy. It’s great we now have attacking options, particularly with the high number of subs available and question marks over players match fitness 

Saville has 4g 4a and is more dynamic than Morsy, who I love, don't get me wrong, but I think Howson can play that deeper midfield role just fine right now.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wonder if we are looking at some free agents to get some more depth in the defensive department. 

We have Fry, McNair and Hall as out-and-out centre-backs, whilst Dijksteel and Bola have also played CB this season. I believe Dijksteel is the only one who hasn't played in a CB pairing, as Bola played in a 2 against Brentford in the FA Cup.

I think so long as we don't have a huge injury crisis, we should be fine. There's also Howson if absolutely necessary, he did alright there at times last season.

It's midfield I'm more worried about if we're sticking with a midfield 3. I don't think Warnock fancies Tav in the 3, nor will he in any way want to move McNair out of defence. Which, after the usual band of 3, leaves Hackney and other young lads to fill in the gaps.

So yeah, I really hope now that we've got the extra attacking players who can play all across the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, that we go with that from now moving forwards. It can take one of the less effective midfielders out and put something more positive behind the striker, like Tav or Kebano. Then we've got Johnson, Bolasie, Watmore and NML for the wide areas.

• Like 1