• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'm going to with Yoane Wissa.

Swear we we're linked with him in the Summer or a window before that.

could be, a wide attacking player, whose contarct ends this season.    scratch that, signed an extension this season

has had plenty of games this season

11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Did Warnock explicitly say the player was coming from a hot country? Or did he say that as an example of why players need time to adapt?

"I don’t think the fans or the club should expect too much if we got this lad in though, it’s going to take time. If you come from a really hot climate and you come to Middlesbrough, you’re going to take a bit of time to acclimatise aren’t you? You can’t expect the world."

Sounds fairly explicit.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Warnock laying a false bread trail to get fans talking and buying papers though.

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

"I don’t think the fans or the club should expect too much if we got this lad in though, it’s going to take time. If you come from a really hot climate and you come to Middlesbrough, you’re going to take a bit of time to acclimatise aren’t you? You can’t expect the world."

Sounds fairly explicit.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Warnock laying a false bread trail to get fans talking and buying papers though.

From my perspective it sounds like he is saying the player we are targeting will need to time to adapt, for whatever reason. Not speaking the language could be a factor, which he does specifically attribute to the player in question.

Then I read the next part, that as an example of why players (in general need time), Warnock uses the climate as a reason, but it could potentially not be a big factor in this case. But could be in others. If you catch my drift?

But that's just how I read that part of the article. As you say it's probably a set of half-truths, to get us fans whipped up a bit! 

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

Zinvkernagel has had an unreal 2020 like no other. Crazy how good he has been. Was average in the danish league but like Junker I suppose a change of scenery and challenge can do something to a player along with confidence. It’s no secret that Zinckernagel wants to use his succes to get a good deal elsewhere. I just don’t see how he can get a work permit in England after brexit. Or will it matter that he signs a deal before the turn of the year. West Ham have just signed a danish talent that I don’t think would get a work permit after brexit is in effect. 

2 hours ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

A friend of a friend has got hold of some magic beans that's all I'll say, I think zickernagel would be a real coup. 

How certain is he of this? I don’t want to look like a fool when I break it on a danish forum as “my sources tell me he is moving to boro”🤣

3 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

From my perspective it sounds like he is saying the player we are targeting will need to time to adapt, for whatever reason. Not speaking the language could be a factor, which he does specifically attribute to the player in question.

Then I read the next part, that as an example of why players (in general need time), Warnock uses the climate as a reason, but it could potentially not be a big factor in this case. But could be in others. If you catch my drift?

But that's just how I read that part of the article. As you say it's probably a set of half-truths, to get us fans whipped up a bit! 

Speaking the language won't be a factor at all. The game of football is a universal language.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

How certain is he of this? I don’t want to look like a fool when I break it on a danish forum as “my sources tell me he is moving to boro”🤣

Early stages so far but looking like it's going somewhere. A few teams are interested but you'd think boro could hold off little red star Belgrade 🌟

21 minutes ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

Early stages so far but looking like it's going somewhere. A few teams are interested but you'd think boro could hold off little red star Belgrade 🌟

He will take the best deal he can get. 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

I can live with the Danes are coming better than waiting for Croatians I suppose!

Is he in the Patrick Roberts mould I wonder and a cheaper option do you think?

He is definitely cheaper. I would be very surprised if he is on more than 5k a week in Norway. 

• Tom locked this topic