oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

8 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

We totally should of just went with Bamford and Braithwaite never gotten Assombalonga. Instead signed a winger 

na we should have stayed with bamford and rudy. *** braithwaite

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Warnock will stay next season regardless.

I was wondering that myself. Id imagine the way NW has been signing players he's likely assuring them he's returning for at least another season. Doubt Watmore signs that many years the unless that's the case

11 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

West Ham after king from bournemouth, could britt be his replacement. 

Yeah, WH have just sold Haller. They should instead give us some of that money for Britt.

With Watmore signing up and Roberts rumoured to be departing this month maybe the Diedhiou interest is to replace Roberts on the payroll.

Plainly Robert's isn't a Warnock type player, Watmore, based on the last few weeks is everyone's type of player but Diedhiou seems to fit the Warnock template better than Roberts albeit in different roles but I think Watmore ticks the box that Roberts was initially intended to fill.

With Britt unlikely to resign and Fletcher also a contract doubt it makes sense to bring someone like Diedhiou in now and get them under contract while we can. Still however think we need an additional crafty winger from somewhere to add to the creativity.

I think lurker may have got a tasty bit of info, I've just had a message saying that Britt is definitely going with a fee of £2.5m being mentioned. Dont know who to.

I'd hoped for a bit more than that. 

1 minute ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

I think lurker may have got a tasty bit of info, I've just had a message saying that Britt is definitely going with a fee of £2.5m being mentioned. Dont know who to.

I think with only six months remaining £2.5M is good business especially so in the current climate. I would hazard a guess Celtic may be desperate enough to splash out on him now rather than wait until the summer. That Odsonne Edouard has been linked with a move away from them this January to the Premiership would also stack up. Up there I think Britt could become a Club legend for them at that level. Maybe its a kind of Bogof with Robert's going back up there on loan from City?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

I was definately hoping for closer to 4 million. But I suppose the club thinks he won't be worth more than the savings on wages and a fee. That money will likely pay the fee for a new player and the wages for a few years.

15 minutes ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

I wonder when it'll get into the press. Can't be to far off from being completed? 

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I wonder when it'll get into the press. Can't be to far off from being completed? 

No idea mate, but as we know deals can change at a moments notice. Hopefully with an extra couple of mil added on 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I was definately hoping for closer to 4 million. But I suppose the club thinks he won't be worth more than the savings on wages and a fee. That money will likely pay the fee for a new player and the wages for a few years.

There will be close to a million saved on wages which means the deal will be closer to £3.5M on the positive side of the balance sheet. Of course the newbie will want paying but I'd expect that to be nearer £250K in wages over the next six months plus whatever he actually costs in a transfer fee. Hopefully the club will be able to retain some of that £3.5M just for operational costs or perhaps to sweeten a Fletcher deal?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There will be close to a million saved on wages which means the deal will be closer to £3.5M on the positive side of the balance sheet. Of course the newbie will want paying but I'd expect that to be nearer £250K in wages over the next six months plus whatever he actually costs in a transfer fee. Hopefully the club will be able to retain some of that £3.5M just for operational costs or perhaps to sweeten a Fletcher deal?

I really want him to sign a new deal. There was a rumour a couple of weeks ago that britt was going to sign a new deal. 

• Tom locked this topic