oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

If we dont send out the message to our top players that promotion is our aim, then they will leave anyway. The best players want to play in the best leagues. Tav is from Leeds, McNair from NI and Spence is from London. None are Boro through and through. We have to go for it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Poly said:

You heard this or has it been reported? I had seen them teams were interested but nothing about big money offers 

It's been reported over the weekend that several top flight clubs are interested, so we are bound to get offers for him. Whether they are good enough remains to be seen. Personally I think we should point toward the James Maddison transfer a few years ago that nettet Norwich more than 20 million. He also hadn't played in the Premier League and was about the same age.

It’s been reported on a few sites about interest so not a big stretch to go from that to “bids” or “bids incoming”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of our ‘bigger’ players left this window but suspect it will be Spence.

If the player wants to go it’s hard to keep them regardless of transfer fees/contract length etc. And if a premier league does come in it will be nigh on impossible to turn it down. 
I wonder, with the rumour of Reach interest is with a view to replace Tav 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

If the player wants to go it’s hard to keep them regardless of transfer fees/contract length etc. And if a premier league does come in it will be nigh on impossible to turn it down. 
I wonder, with the rumour of Reach interest is with a view to replace Tav 🤷‍♂️

Hope not. I'd want someone with a bit more creative and dangerous like Jed Wallace, but he'd probably cost a lot more.

30 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I would take £15m for both.  Whether anyone offers that is another matter. 

I hope you mean £15m each player ? Tav £15m , Spence £6m -£8mI would guess at .

If the skunks want Spence , swap him for Gayle , although Gayle s salary would be the issue .

Edited by Simply Red
  • Tom locked this topic