• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I honestly thought Wing played alright against Brentford. Some of his passing was superb during the game.

He had no control over the midfield or tempo of the game at all. Shirked 50/50s, weak in the tackle, slow to track back. He might have the odd good pass in him but he is NOT a central midfielder fit for the modern game.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He had no control over the midfield or tempo of the game at all. Shirked 50/50s, weak in the tackle, slow to track back. He might have the odd good pass in him but he is NOT a central midfielder fit for the modern game.

He's *** 

12 days into the window and it's been remarkably slow across the board. You'd think the opening two weeks would be an ideal time to get a player in, when you have no league games for a fortnight. I really thought that we'd have Bolasie tied up quickly and Roberts out the door. 

Bolasie will go to the wire as Everton try and recoup any kind of fee. Probably hoping someone like Big Sam will take a punt on him.

I imagine there’s two factors in play for Roberts organising where he goes next. It’s not great for him at a boro but he has more chance of playing than he does stuck at City. 

secondly I think Warnock will be hesitant to let him go without a replacement signed sealed an delivered. 

we could be on the verge of a promotion push and he won’t want to weaken the squad especially as we are a small one to start with and Watmore is still a fitness gamble.

i think we will have a similar wait with Britt. Could be a busy (and probably disappointing) deadline day.

• Like 2

Here we go again- Bolasie! Just a reminder, he wants to play for a Prem league club so we are held in reserve.

Once more, I don’t get this desire for this player. The last time he showed anything like consistency was 2014.......

And yet still he floats the boat of posters on here? Move on for Gawds sake!

2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Here we go again- Bolasie! Just a reminder, he wants to play for a Prem league club so we are held in reserve.

Once more, I don’t get this desire for this player. The last time he showed anything like consistency was 2014.......

Like a broken record honestly, just give it a rest 

Edit: And of course he would prefer to play for a Premier League club, in his early 30’s it’s nothing against us a club. You’re just looking for reasons to slate him 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Robin Johnson said:

Shock horror. A professional footballer only has the Championship as second choice. And also the fact that you have no idea whether that is true.

Ï'd also argue that he was pretty consistent at a small club called Sportïng Lissabon last season where he also played in the Euro League.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Just to be sure. Do you not like the guy 🤷‍♂️

image.gif.375b93e812f1f7470a6b0dcfced74789.gif

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Just to be sure. Do you not like the guy 🤷‍♂️

image.gif.375b93e812f1f7470a6b0dcfced74789.gif

maybe it's somethin personal? ex-girlfriend, stole his parking spot?  refused to friend him on facebook?

all very sad

Uwe, yes , you’ve got it! As a footballer whose most recent form in the Championship at Villa was completely uninspiring -21 games and ( allegedly) a total of 2 decent games- I cannot for the life of me see the clamour of signing such a player. Hey ho, all about opinions.

3 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Uwe, yes , you’ve got it! As a footballer whose most recent form in the Championship at Villa was completely uninspiring -21 games and ( allegedly) a total of 2 decent games- I cannot for the life of me see the clamour of signing such a player. Hey ho, all about opinions.

You already know what’s going to happen.
He’ll sign for us last minute, take a month to get fit, Warnock will hang back on putting him into the starting lineup, he’ll make a couple of sub appearances then get injured and miss the next couple of months. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Calm it Nosmo

48 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I mean Patrick Roberts is all those things but if we played him in central midfield as one of a two then we'd not be bemoaning his lack of defensive prowess. Why is it not the same for Wing?

People have been on about WIng for ages as a #10 but for some reason, managers want him to play in the middle of the park, Woodgate even wanted him to sit in front of the defence, seemed to have this grand plan of him being like Pirlo when all it did was showcase his poor defensive qualities and took him away from the position on the pitch where he could actually score goals.

I think the lad is struggling to get a game and will take what time he can get so of course, he'll play in midfield at times. But I think all you've proved there is that he shouldn't be playing in a midfield position with such high demands at both ends of the pitch. He's a player with a limited number of qualities but those he does possess actually are fit for this level and just like Roberts, if he's to stay here, we need to utilise him properly rather than expecting him to be something he's not.

• Tom locked this topic