oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

14 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Unless reporting on whatever it is would be seen as prejudicial to a trial. Very few journalists fancy being held in contempt of the court.

I would imagine that there is an injunction to prevent the story going to the press. It’s no doubt an open secret in the game and on Fleet Street.

It’s a really strange market at the moment no one seems to want to make the first move. COVID and Brexit obviously having a big impact. 

Brentford see the new rules as a real opportunity as they can take their scouting into other markets now.

On the downside they think a lot of work that they have done won’t bring anything to fruition as they think it will be nearly impossible to get work permits for some of the lads they have scoured.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

What Derby player would you take as their fire sales are starting to avoid administration. I'd take Sibley

No idea. Can’t think of a single player. 

11 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

What Derby player would you take as their fire sales are starting to avoid administration. I'd take Sibley

If money was no object Bielik, an absolute no brainer. Not a player in a position we desperately need, but I think he is head and shoulders above all the other players at Derby. Still got plenty of room for growth too, he'll be in the Premier League sooner rather than later.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

Being linked with Guilbert- Villa right back.

If it is the same player I am thinking of, he was actually pretty good for a very poor Villa side last season. Predominately a right-back, but I'm sure he played left-back a few times for Villa last year. I also think when he was at Caen he played a lot at centre back too. To me that sounds like the ideal player to come in, can cover multiple positions and also improve the quality of the team too.

11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

If money was no object Bielik, an absolute no brainer. Not a player in a position we desperately need, but I think he is head and shoulders above all the other players at Derby. Still got plenty of room for growth too, he'll be in the Premier League sooner rather than later.

We were linked with him a couple of seasons ago, after his Charlton loan.  He'd go a decent way to solving the short-*** problem that the team currently has and he's versatile as well, can play CB and CM.

He'd be out of our price way though, they'd probably triple the price for us.

35 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

For me Jason Knight is one of their better players. Only 19 as well, I think he has a big future in the game. He would be the one for me.

• Tom locked this topic