Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Old Codger

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Recommended Posts

Browne injury means its all the more likely Roberts wont be going anywhere. There is no early cancelation clause Warnock has confirmed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We simply need more squad depth adding to achieve the top 6 Gibson has to go out and get spending after today's result. Especially with Browne injury meaning we practically have no wingers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Watmore has played as a striker during a fair part of his time on the pitch here.

He's always been alongside another.

He would have started today if fit.

I guess so, maybe quite a few were not match fit due to COVID. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We’ve got Britt, Fletch, Akpom and Watmore, how many more do we need?

Britt and Akpom both have a 1 in 5 goal record this season. and one assist between the two of them. 

i think its clear that we need something different upfront, with these two currently upfront we will go nowhere.

 

fletch could could back and help but hes been out injured for months and who knows how long it will take to find him form.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Britt and Akpom both have a 1 in 5 goal record this season. and one assist between the two of them. 

i think its clear that we need something different upfront, with these two currently upfront we will go nowhere.

 

fletch could could back and help but hes been out injured for months and who knows how long it will take to find him form.

We know they are both rubbish, but Warnock doesn’t seem to think so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tmcc said:

 

fletch could could back and help but hes been out injured for months and who knows how long it will take to find him form.

And he’s not that great either. If he scores in 4 or 5 matches he will have done really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky reporting that Bournemouth accepted a bid of 750k from Cardiff for Jack Simpson. 

Only providing above info as Cardiff were also said to be closing on loan signing of Guilbert from Villa who we were linked with. It could be they want both..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Sky reporting that Bournemouth accepted a bid of 750k from Cardiff for Jack Simpson. 

Only providing above info as Cardiff were also said to be closing on loan signing of Guilbert from Villa who we were linked with. It could be they want both..

Simpson is a left footed centre half. Guilbert is a right back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Poly said:

Simpson is a left footed centre half. Guilbert is a right back

Yeah also noticed they lost Benkovic as he been recalled so ignore my previous post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah also noticed they lost Benkovic as he been recalled so ignore my previous post. 

You put up a post on a transfer rumours thread explaining your theory on something. No need for your post to be ignored @TLF10These posts are what keep the thread alive

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blanco said:

You put up a post on a transfer rumours thread explaining your theory on something. No need for your post to be ignored @TLF10These posts are what keep the thread alive

You are a good man @Blanco. I meant ignore my post in terms of query i was raising as @Poly thankfully has his finger on the pulse.

Warnock seemed very pessimistic on transfers post match. Even when sky asked him he just said “rather not talk about it”.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

You are a good man @Blanco. I meant ignore my post in terms of query i was raising as @Poly thankfully has his finger on the pulse.

Warnock seemed very pessimistic on transfers post match. Even when sky asked him he just said “rather not talk about it”.

Doesn’t sound like anything is close does it. Be a shame if we get no one in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We know they are both rubbish, but Warnock doesn’t seem to think so. 

I don’t think Warnock has much choice. Assombalonga needs to leave, it’s just not worked out. Hopefully it’s smoke and mirrors from NW and we can get shot and bring a decent replacement in. We are desperate for a wide-man or two. I can’t see Bolasie coming, but have faith that Warnock will get the players we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tmcc said:

Britt and Akpom both have a 1 in 5 goal record this season. and one assist between the two of them. 

i think its clear that we need something different upfront, with these two currently upfront we will go nowhere.

 

fletch could could back and help but hes been out injured for months and who knows how long it will take to find him form.

Just because they’re performing poorly doesn’t mean they don’t exist. In a climate where the club is literally making no money we can’t just *** more of it up the wall on another striker.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Just because they’re performing poorly doesn’t mean they don’t exist. In a climate where the club is literally making no money we can’t just *** more of it up the wall on another striker.

Well said, people just don’t seem to get this at all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...