oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Knowing the quality of the Daily Fail, they probably have Fulham as the Premiership club wanting him. It boils down to the lad's views on his future, his contract ends there ends in the summer, so everything in his hands, If he does not fancy move, then "agreement on terms could not be reached. If he wants away, not a lot we can do to stop him but there are not that many top rem teams looking for keepers, so it should be fairly easy to work out likely suspects, assuming not jut agent talk trying to get us to make decent offer in future 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

I think its either Bettinelli's agent trying to rack up interest (which is his job in fairness)  or lazy journalism or more likely a combination of the two. Dimi had an incredible record here for clean sheets in a season but it was a similar story to now with the organisation of the defence resulting in the Keeper having little or nothing to do. No disrespect to Dimi but he was hardly the most athletic or agile Keeper I've ever seen in a Boro shirt, although no worse than the medal bedecked one who came in after him which proved how playing behind a good team can make a keeper look great.

Most Keepers would do well behind the current Red barrier in front of them. Bettinelli's vocal skills does add to that sense of impenetrability probably as much if not more so than the actual amount of work he has to do keeping shots out. Decent keeper who I would prefer to stay but I would be more concerned about losing Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola, Friend, Howson etc.

25 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think its either Bettinelli's agent trying to rack up interest (which is his job in fairness)  or lazy journalism or more likely a combination of the two. Dimi had an incredible record here for clean sheets in a season but it was a similar story to now with the organisation of the defence resulting in the Keeper having little or nothing to do. No disrespect to Dimi but he was hardly the most athletic or agile Keeper I've ever seen in a Boro shirt, although no worse than the medal bedecked one who came in after him which proved how playing behind a good team can make a keeper look great.

Most Keepers would do well behind the current Red barrier in front of them. Bettinelli's vocal skills does add to that sense of impenetrability probably as much if not more so than the actual amount of work he has to do keeping shots out. Decent keeper who I would prefer to stay but I would be more concerned about losing Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola, Friend, Howson etc.

Oh dear mate. I have some bad news to tell you about Friend 🙁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
28 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Oh dear mate. I have some bad news to tell you about Friend 🙁

Wrong George, I meant Saville, where on earth did Friend come from????

Subliminal thinking, instinctively programmed for years, that of course and I hadn't had my coffee yet! 😁

Clearly gone but not forgotten.

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I’m not sure that you can put Dimi in the same bracket as Valdes. 

Is it just me that isn't all the impressed with Bettinelli?  He's pulled off a couple of good saves but no more than that.  He seems to make more small mistakes than I'd expect from a keeper of his reputation, and who has so little to do.  Even the other night he dropped a fairly simple cross.  It didn't cost us but it's not exactly reassuring, and I don't think it's the first time?

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is it just me that isn't all the impressed with Bettinelli?  He's pulled off a couple of good saves but no more than that.  He seems to make more small mistakes than I'd expect from a keeper of his reputation, and who has so little to do.  Even the other night he dropped a fairly simple cross.  It didn't cost us but it's not exactly reassuring, and I don't think it's the first time?

Yeah I dont really see the fuss. Decent keeper but certainly not standout. He’s got it easy with the way we set up but he does tend to make mistakes. But maybe he’s a vital part in organizing the defense from behind or in training. But is he really better than Stojanovic?

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is it just me that isn't all the impressed with Bettinelli?  He's pulled off a couple of good saves but no more than that.  He seems to make more small mistakes than I'd expect from a keeper of his reputation, and who has so little to do.  Even the other night he dropped a fairly simple cross.  It didn't cost us but it's not exactly reassuring, and I don't think it's the first time

There's not really enough of a sample size to make a decision. The ball just doesn't come at him often enough. One thing I'll say is that none of the goals against were as a result of errors from him so cant ask for much more than that.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

There's not really enough of a sample size to make a decision. The ball just doesn't come at him often enough. One thing I'll say is that none of the goals against were as a result of errors from him so cant ask for much more than that.

When he first joined I'd argue there was a few goals we conceded where he should have done better, I recall him being beaten at his near post early on. Since then to be fair as you say he's not really had much to do and certainly no goal is directly his fault.

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

When he first joined I'd argue there was a few goals we conceded where he should have done better, I recall him being beaten at his near post early on. Since then to be fair as you say he's not really had much to do and certainly no goal is directly his fault.

Yeah he was beaten at his near post a couple of times but I dont recall who that was against. But that happens sometimes and I wouldn't consider it an error necessarily

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Yeah he was beaten at his near post a couple of times but I dont recall who that was against. But that happens sometimes and I wouldn't consider it an error necessarily

Both Barnsley goals in the cup and the Bournemouth games spring to mind. I think it sticks in my mind more because it was consecutive games.

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Both Barnsley goals in the cup and the Bournemouth games spring to mind. I think it sticks in my mind more because it was consecutive games.

Could also argue he was at fault for the QPR goal in the next game after those two too. If I recall correctly he parries the ball into the 6 yard box.

1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Agree Valdes never won a promotion in his career. I know he would swap everything he had to claim that accolade.

I judge Valdes purely on what I seen here and I wouldn't want to witness that again. A limited Keeper with a serious attitude problem, incapable of coordinating with or organising his defence. What he may have done elsewhere is of zero interest to me but being honest I could have looked world class behind that Barcelona team let alone Dimi.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic