• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Borodane said:

New contract for McNair. Nice one👌

It occurs to me that NW is already busy planning for next season. I think he realises we lack the strength in depth to keep pace with the intensity of this season, but really fancies a proper crack at it next. COVID over with, bit more wriggle room with FFP, high earners gone etc. 

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Wonder if Wheater is still on gardening leave..

Oldham weren't happy about his new house on Teesside and then there were contract problems over pay and Covid. Sounds like it isn't going well for either party and he has supposedly done his back in lifting his Dog now. At 33 he'd probably be happy enough to come back and warm the bench at his hometown club.

Just now, CrazyL said:

It occurs to me that NW is already busy planning for next season. I think he realises we lack the strength in depth to keep pace with the intensity of this season, but really fancies a proper crack at it next. COVID over with, bit more wriggle room with FFP, high earners gone etc. 

Sounds very much like he is planning long term and not the usual knee jerk short termism from both Club and past Managers.

12 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Yeah I agree think we will still  try for playoffs this year. Then as we will most likely fall just short go for automatic next year when Warnock has abit more Money to spent and fans have returned to roar him on 😁. I do like the fact players want to commit their future to the club and play for him must be good moral within the camp.

• Like 1

I do think it's interesting to see the likes of McNair commit to another 2 years beyond his current deal, citing Warnock's influence, when Warnock is supposedly gone at the end of this season. Maybe he is staying after all?

• Sad 1

Shame about Hall being injured for another long spell. In the summer I thought we needed another centre back anyway so I found it strange we let Stubbs go, considering how few centre backs we had.

Think in the coming window we will definitely need to bring a centre back in. Not sure we can rely on only McNair, Fry and Wood for 3 months (plus).

2 hours ago, CrazyL said:

Which high earners gone?  It's only Assombalonga, isn't it?  Howson is here for another year now, so is McNair, we aren't exactly full of high earners anyway.  I imagine Hall is on more than a few here, probably the same can be said for Morsy and Akpom, and they've all only just arrived.  I doubt the likes of Coulson, Tav, Wing, Spence, Bola, Wood, Fry, Johnson, Browne are on large amounts.  Maybe Fry as I can't remember when he last signed a new deal?  Dijksteel presumably got a pay increase but I imagine he wasn't on too much to start with.

Looking at our current squad and the lengths of they contracts:-

Bettinelli - Loan end of season

Stojanovic: 2.5yrs left

Brynn: 3 yrs left. (option of further year)

Spence: 2.5yrs left

Dijksteel: 3.5 years left

Paddy: 3.5yrs left

Fry: 2.5yrs left

Wood: Unknwon (Signed pro deal last summer)

Coulson: 2.5yrs left

Bola: Unknown

Johnson: 6 months left

Morsy: 2.5yrs left

Howson:1.5yrs left

Saville:1.5yrs left

Wing: 1.5yrs left

Roberts: Loan end of season

Watmore: 5 weeks left

Tav: 2.5yrs left

Browne: Unknown

Britt: 6 months

Fletcher: 6 months

Akpom: 2.5yrs left

I think from the above tying down Bola, Fletcher and Saville is important. The rest are ok with some further extensions possibly in the summer

• Like 2
1 hour ago, White Band said:

Sounds like lesser known players from lower profile European clubs will be more difficult to sign in the future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55152637

Shame of  this is it kinda means players have to of showcased their talent's to a decent level before they can come. So the art of finding talent before they have showcased their talent like Brentford do is finished. 

I hope we can get Bolasie in early doors in January. 

By all accounts we ran out of time last time but it appears everything was agreed. Therefore hope we are working on that now so he in for early Jan. 

I dont think there many better wide players than him available. 

• Tom locked this topic