oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yep especially now we're playing the 4-3-3 more regularly, he'd fit the wide forward role, think he would have flourished and it sucked that he got hurt when he did! Think when all fit

Watmore/Johnson - Fletch/Britt/Akpom - Browne/Tav/Spence

is a pretty good selection to choose from. 

Watmore - Fletch - Browne would probs be my favourite 3 to see what they could do, with Tav playing centrally just behind them.

Would Tav move to the middle then behind the strikers?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Warnock said Fletcher should be end of Jan. Any sooner is a bonus.

Good news on Bola.

ideally get Fletcher signed up next as he got 6mths left and then Sav who become an important player under Warnock who has 18mths left.

Would hold fire on Marv just yet.

I would like fletcher to get a contract extension, I think he would have a lot to offer playing under Warnock he is still only 25 so just about to hit the peak of his career I also think Warnock could get the best out of him. Britt I was over the moon when we signed him I used to go watch him play at Posh and always rated him, but over all he has been a disappointment so I wouldn't shed too many tears if he left. I think we still need another striker in January, I can't really see Fletcher being up to full fitness much before the season ends after 5 months, it only takes another injury to our other 2 strikers and then we are in panic mode again. 

3 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock said Fletcher should be end of Jan. Any sooner is a bonus.

Good news on Bola.

ideally get Fletcher signed up next as he got 6mths left and then Sav who become an important player under Warnock who has 18mths left.

Would hold fire on Marv just yet.

I assume that the club has a one year extension on Fletchers contract hence why they aren’t in a hurry. We’re not going to let him go on a free. 

There an interview on bbc tees from today with Warnock. About 10mins long. Regarding transfers he said following.

would like 3 players. 2 wide men and a defender which would allow him to send Wood out on loan so he can play week in week out. But wont let Woos go obv until he has a defender in

Said if he does not get all he wants and just one or two he can live with that as hopefully fletcher will be back mid to end of Jan and Hall not long after that. And Howson sooner than both.

15 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Come on one boro scouts who could this guy be? 

Ligue 1 and Serie A have a full set of fixtures on both those dates. Makes sense if it's Ligue 1, as Warnock has previous in that market. Plus the teams in Ligue 1 are in a bit of bother financially so may be more willing to sell.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ruathain said:

I would like fletcher to get a contract extension, I think he would have a lot to offer playing under Warnock he is still only 25 so just about to hit the peak of his career I also think Warnock could get the best out of him. Britt I was over the moon when we signed him I used to go watch him play at Posh and always rated him, but over all he has been a disappointment so I wouldn't shed too many tears if he left. I think we still need another striker in January, I can't really see Fletcher being up to full fitness much before the season ends after 5 months, it only takes another injury to our other 2 strikers and then we are in panic mode again. 

Thing with Britt is he has scored 11, 16 & 15 in his time with us. Which when you look at his record is what he usually averages apart from one season in league one when he got over 30. So to that extent he has been exactly what we bought, it’s just that he cost a LOT of money so we expect more. I actually like Britt and want him to succeed but if his wages can get someone younger and on lower wages who can average 15 goals a year then I’m for that too.

There seems to have been a massive sea change in how we conduct our transfers and player retentions this season. Good younger players are being tied down, no panic buying, and signs of a real strategy. Maybe some good has come from all the financial turmoil.

• Like 3
  • Tom locked this topic