oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

8 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

He has had long enough by now - before window opens again - to look elsewhere and find another club/negotiate terms if he wants to compare what we are offering. We should be telling him to sign straight away at beginning of January, or we should move on.if he wants to drag it out, then forget him.

There are two sides to a negotiation though and looking at how we have operated this year I wouldn’t be surprised if we held off and save 4 weeks wages.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Any Premier League winger, who was worth £25M at some point in his career, must surely be welcome here at the moment as, apart from Johnson, we haven’t got one? 

Slowly but surely Johnson is being accepted😉

• Like 2
4 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

There are two sides to a negotiation though and looking at how we have operated this year I wouldn’t be surprised if we held off and save 4 weeks wages.

I just don’t see the point of that. Either we are seriously trying to get promotion and prepared to invest a bit in new players, in which case the extra time and games he would be available for could be the difference between play off and mid table, OR the priority is to save money, in which case we are safe in the Championship with current players, so why sign him even at end of January?

5 minutes ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

Philip zickernagel, watch this space gentlemen, also looking at an attacker from lorient 

never heard of him, but looks like his contract runs out in a few days.  good stats for the season though

8 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

How do you know this mate? 

A friend of a friend has got hold of some magic beans that's all I'll say, I think zickernagel would be a real coup. 

6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

He’s Danish so @Borodane or @SmogDane must be able to give us an assessment of his ability and playing style.

@Borodane Doesn't really rate him, and to be fair his record in Denmark was poor.

But he's done well at Bodø (especially the 2020 season), but whether that is due to a huge drop in quality from Danish to Norwegian football. Or whether he's at a team that utilises his strengths, in my opinion it's probably a bit of both. Although that isn't to say he'd do great or badly here.

Personally I'd like us to sign him and Junker just to annoy BD! 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@Borodane Doesn't really rate him, and to be fair his record in Denmark was poor.

But he's done well at Bodø (especially the 2020 season), but whether that is due to a huge drop in quality from Danish to Norwegian football, or whether he's at a team that utilises his strengths in my opinion it's probably a bit of both. Although that isn't to say he'd do great or badly here.

Personally I'd like us to sign him and Junker just to annoy BD! 😂😂😂

If he signs for us BD will have him down as the greatest player in the world 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

If he signs for us BD will have him down as the greatest player in the world 🤣🤣🤣

Haha! Hopefully if he does sign he plays well enough so that BD can say that! 😂😂😂

Also I'm straight up asking for a slice of the agents fee on this deal, I mentioned Zinkernagel in July so technically I brokered the deal. That how it works right? 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Tom locked this topic