oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s coming in as 3rd choice. 
Club might see it as...Brynn has impressed in training and is seen good enough as 2nd option. Pointless having both him and Dejan sat on bench. Loan Dejan out to get some game time, in the hope he comes back a better keeper to battle for the no.1 stop when he returns. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There were times at Boro when Brad Jones was better than Mark Schwarzer

That must have been in a parallel universe somewhere because Jones wasn't fit to lace Schwarzer's boots. I know at the time the club pedalled the story about how good Jones and Turnbull were and in his naivety Gareth went along with it but nobody in the North Stand ever remotely believed it.

I think you may be getting confused with Mark Crossley who had a decent run in the side and impressed the fans. He was considered unlucky by many at the time to lose his place once Schwarzer was back fit.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That must have been in a parallel universe somewhere because Jones wasn't fit to lace Schwarzer's boots. I know at the time the club pedalled the story about how good Jones and Turnbull were and in his naivety Gareth went along with it but nobody in the North Stand ever remotely believed it.

I think you may be getting confused with Mark Crossley who had a decent run in the side and impressed the fans. He was considered unlucky by many at the time to lose his place once Schwarzer was back fit.

Have to agree with this. Spot on. The best performance from Brad Jones was having Liverpool’s eyes out by somehow getting 3m quid from them for his services 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s coming in as 3rd choice. 
Club might see it as...Brynn has impressed in training and is seen good enough as 2nd option. Pointless having both him and Dejan sat on bench. Loan Dejan out to get some game time, in the hope he comes back a better keeper to battle for the no.1 stop when he returns. 

That's a very good interpretation, but it still suggests Boro think Bettinelli is the only senior goalkeeper we need. To my mind, he's the one needing to be replaced!

The only person I can think of who hates crosses more than Bettinelli is Jesus, and he's been out of the game for a long time.

• Like 2

Jordan Archer as backup is fine to be honest he had a decent spell for Millwall 3-4 years ago, Bettinelli has had some dodgy moments but he's pulled off some top drawer saves. We got promoted with a nearly 40 year old bearded Greek who had played for Hartlepool until we get back in the Prem I'm not too concerned with our keepers.

I'm still hoping we get a reinforcement or 2 in wide midfield and maybe 1 more striker they're that moves that will determine where we end up in my opinion. Also tie down Dijksteel Boro please the sharks will be circling in the summer as he enters his final 12 months.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Jordan Archer as backup is fine to be honest he had a decent spell for Millwall 3-4 years ago, Bettinelli has had some dodgy moments but he's pulled off some top drawer saves. We got promoted with a nearly 40 year old bearded Greek who had played for Hartlepool until we get back in the Prem I'm not too concerned with our keepers.

I'm still hoping we get a reinforcement or 2 in wide midfield and maybe 1 more striker they're that moves that will determine where we end up in my opinion. Also tie down Dijksteel Boro please the sharks will be circling in the summer as he enters his final 12 months.

Djiksteel already signed a new deal earlier this season 

23 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I'm also hoping we make it VERY expensive for any clubs that come sniffing around Tav.

• Like 1

I remember Mark Crossley coming in and losing his place to Schwarzer when he probably should've kept it. Even remember Carlo Nash having a purple patch during a Schwarzer injury.

Brad Jones? Nah. Can't remember that one, Wilson!

A keeper, we sign a keeper when there are more important places to be filled. I’m sorry this does not fill me with confidence at all. We send a £1 million keeper on loan to bring in another. Not saying it’s not a good thing just worried it’s a smoke and mirrors, Trojan horse signing to cover the inability to sign players we actually need. 

22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Did someone seriously just suggest that Brad Jones was a better keeper than Schwarzer at one stage?

Can I have a pint of whatever they're drinking, please?

Mark Schwarzer 

1x Premier League

1x League cup 

1x German Cup winner

1x Australian Cup winner

Brad jones

2X ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP WINNER
1x Dutch Champion

1x Dutch Cup winner

1x Dutch Super Cup winner

1x Saudi Arabian winner

1x Saudi Arabian Super Cup winner

1x OFC Nations Cup winner

Ergo Brad Jones is a superior keeper

Scoreboard people

image.gif.8d22d9b7512f313e349a45e59b28239f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

A keeper, we sign a keeper when there are more important places to be filled. I’m sorry this does not fill me with confidence at all. We send a £1 million keeper on loan to bring in another. Not saying it’s not a good thing just worried it’s a smoke and mirrors, Trojan horse signing to cover the inability to sign players we actually need. 

A backup keeper is not going to fool anybody into thinking we’re addressing our weaknesses (width, creativity finishing) nor is it a trick by the club to try and make us think that

And if anyone actually believe that’s what it’s done should probably pick another sport to follow 😂

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Mark Schwarzer 

1x Premier League

1x League cup 

1x German Cup winner

1x Australian Cup winner

Brad jones

2X ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP WINNER
1x Dutch Champion

1x Dutch Cup winner

1x Dutch Super Cup winner