oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

A backup keeper is not going to fool anybody into thinking we’re addressing our weaknesses (width, creativity finishing) nor is it a trick by the club to try and make us think that

And if anyone actually believe that’s what it’s done should probably pick another sport to follow 😂

Hell I never knew you were the club’s spokesman. Well I’m now confident that’s been put to bed. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

Schwarzer won 2 prem titles

Schwarzer won none.

I don't care that he got a medal and technically has, you've not won a league title if you don't make a single league appearance in the season they win it.

Brad Jones, on the otherhand, actually was first choice keeper when he won a league title.

2 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

Schwarzer won 2 prem titles 

Shh. Don’t you come up with any facts when I’m trying to make a point 😉

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Hell I never knew you were the club’s spokesman. Well I’m now confident that’s been put to bed. 

Well that’s the first time I’ve know you to be confident about anything 😂

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

A keeper, we sign a keeper when there are more important places to be filled. I’m sorry this does not fill me with confidence at all. We send a £1 million keeper on loan to bring in another. Not saying it’s not a good thing just worried it’s a smoke and mirrors, Trojan horse signing to cover the inability to sign players we actually need. 

That 1m keeper wants to try and make the Euros squad, so fair play to him. We need a third keeper.

Come on man, you can't seriously think the club are signing Jordan freaking Archer to try and keep fans happy?

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That 1m keeper wants to try and make the Euros squad, so fair play to him. We need a third keeper.

Come on man, you can't seriously think the club are signing Jordan freaking Archer to try and keep fans happy?

Nope never said that did I. 😡

15 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Oh a critic as well. 😉

Sorry buddy I’m in a cheeky mood. My first comment was meant to come across a bit more jovial than maybe what it did. 

Here have a GIF 

image.gif.62aa138960851156c6168472515a4e25.gif

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

A keeper, we sign a keeper when there are more important places to be filled. I’m sorry this does not fill me with confidence at all. We send a £1 million keeper on loan to bring in another. Not saying it’s not a good thing just worried it’s a smoke and mirrors, Trojan horse signing to cover the inability to sign players we actually need. 

Ever get the feeling you may be reading into things too much?

One keeper left on loan to get game time to try to get in his international side, so we replaced him. It's really that simple

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I was under the impression that Warnock said we were not close to any signings so what is this Archer bloke then - a free gift ?

.... or perhaps he's just our Christmas present a bit late

I really doubt it took much effort to sign him.

He was only at Motherwell on a short term contract in the first place whilst Trevor Carson was injured.

He's been there since October, and made 4 appearances in that time, they lost all 4.

Edited by TeaCider24
4 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That must have been in a parallel universe somewhere because Jones wasn't fit to lace Schwarzer's boots. I know at the time the club pedalled the story about how good Jones and Turnbull were and in his naivety Gareth went along with it but nobody in the North Stand ever remotely believed it.

I think you may be getting confused with Mark Crossley who had a decent run in the side and impressed the fans. He was considered unlucky by many at the time to lose his place once Schwarzer was back fit.

Only because Shwarzer had some daft clause in his contract stating he had to play if he was declared fit.

Mark crossley was excellent in the time that Shwarzer was injured. I remember being at Highbury in between Christmas and New Year when we got beat 2-1 he was absolutely unreal. (Noel Whelan put us ahead), but after the game Steve McClaren said straight away that he was number 2 as soon as Shwarzer was back fit.

Edited by diggerlad07
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Only because Shwarzer had some daft clause in his contract stating he had to play if he was declared fit.

Mark crossley was excellent in the time that Shwarzer was injured. I remember being at Highbury in between Christmas and New Year when we got beat 2-1 he was absolutely unreal. (Noel Whelan put us ahead), but after the game Steve McClaren said straight away that he was number 2 as soon as Shwarzer was back fit.

Ah, that day was a bag of mixed emotions for me. Finally getting to visit Highbury before it was demolished, but watching Boro get beat (and that *** Ashley Cole scoring)

Also being charged £11 for a single vodka and Red Bull from the Hilton Kensington's bar, lol

29 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ah, that day was a bag of mixed emotions for me. Finally getting to visit Highbury before it was demolished, but watching Boro get beat (and that *** Ashley Cole scoring)

Also being charged £11 for a single vodka and Red Bull from the Hilton Kensington's bar, lol

Ha ha I remember your surprise at the cost of drinks in that hotel.

Cole should of got sent off for that tackle of Carlos Marinelli in the 1st half as well!

• Tom locked this topic