• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Good luck to Britt , where ever he goes . Seems like a nice bloke .

I hope we replace him with a Decent player , which I am confident we will .

This window is one of the most important ever , with covid asking questions of the future , if we can lose our high earners , and replace them with young talent we will be set up for the future . I have a feeling Neil has a big one up his sleave .

• Like 1

I like Britt, but like Scott McDonald before him, he very quickly became a victim if his own fee. I think a lot of the criticisms against him are unfair - 

- Doesn't score enough goals - He has scored a goal every 210 minutes since being here in the league. That's better than 1 in 3 and he's done it under various different regimes, including one of the most defensive this league has ever seen. For comparison, in his second stint with us Bamford had a goal every 200mins. It's a good return. Is it 15mil good? No, not really.

- He misses a lot of easy chances. He's missed a few sitters in his time here. But so has Hugill, Akpom, Fletcher, Adama, Gestede and pretty much every forward we've had in the last 13 years. Other sides regularly fluff easy chances against us. Any striker who puts away every good chance they get would not be in this league, simple as that. 

- He smiles too much - I'm not even going to touch this one.

- He's poor in the air. Well yeah, he's not great here, but that's not what he was signed for initially. And even given that, he wins 1.9 aerials a game this season and 1.8 last season. Bamford won 1.8 a game in his last season under Pulis so again not a great discrepancy, 

- Doesn't have a good first touch - this is probably the most fair criticism as he's not great at holding the ball up. However his skill on the ball is actually quite decent. He's not bad at running at players and his movement is very good at times. 

I'll miss him but I don't think the team will particularly miss him because he doesn't really fit into Warnocks style of play. But you can't say he hasn't given it a good go and I respect him for that. I think another team might just see the best of him so I wish him good luck if he does leave. Just remember that that 15mil is not Britt's cross to bear - it's Gibson's alone.

• Like 7

Britt gets a lot of stick and i think the main reason for that is unfortunately the price tag we paid and the salary he earns. That isn't his fault but looking at Monk and Leadership back then for doing so. 

When you look at Britt over time he has shown to be a 14-15+ per season even when you look back at Notts F, etc. 

We've seen this problem with other strikers incoming to the club e.g. Alves etc. and its always been down to service.

Is he frustrating yes - but I remember Andy Cole back in the day and saying is he needs 5 chances to score a goal. 

If we had width, pace and give him opportunity and not just by himself (my opinion). I think we'd see better return. 

P.S. to add. Its probably right he goes - as i think with his salary, potential value and how we are evolving then yes... But i think its sad. 

55 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I like Britt, but like Scott McDonald before him, he very quickly became a victim if his own fee. I think a lot of the criticisms against him are unfair - 

- Doesn't score enough goals - He has scored a goal every 210 minutes since being here in the league. That's better than 1 in 3 and he's done it under various different regimes, including one of the most defensive this league has ever seen. For comparison, in his second stint with us Bamford had a goal every 200mins. It's a good return. Is it 15mil good? No, not really.

- He misses a lot of easy chances. He's missed a few sitters in his time here. But so has Hugill, Akpom, Fletcher, Adama, Gestede and pretty much every forward we've had in the last 13 years. Other sides regularly fluff easy chances against us. Any striker who puts away every good chance they get would not be in this league, simple as that. 

- He smiles too much - I'm not even going to touch this one.

- He's poor in the air. Well yeah, he's not great here, but that's not what he was signed for initially. And even given that, he wins 1.9 aerials a game this season and 1.8 last season. Bamford won 1.8 a game in his last season under Pulis so again not a great discrepancy, 

- Doesn't have a good first touch - this is probably the most fair criticism as he's not great at holding the ball up. However his skill on the ball is actually quite decent. He's not bad at running at players and his movement is very good at times. 

I'll miss him but I don't think the team will particularly miss him because he doesn't really fit into Warnocks style of play. But you can't say he hasn't given it a good go and I respect him for that. I think another team might just see the best of him so I wish him good luck if he does leave. Just remember that that 15mil is not Britt's cross to bear - it's Gibson's alone.

I would echo quite a lot of what you said there and I mentioned it on my social media channel.

He's divided opinion from the outset because of his transfer fee which wasn't his fault and is unfair imo. I don't think we have ever played to his strengths baring a few months under Monk and few months under Woodgate when we played him alongside Fletcher.

Britt plays best when he has someone alongside him weather that be Fletcher, Akpom, Gestede or Bamford however we have isolated him for the majority of his time at the club and used him as a target man and to close the whole oppositions defence down which isn't what he was brought in for. 

From what I have been told and this isn't a dig at anyone on here, but I was very well informed by a ex team mate of his that he hasn't really been settled at the club since Monk left and there was a lot of issues with him. He wasn't Pulis cup of tea and a deal was agreed with Cardiff whilst they were in the PL to exchange him with Madine coming the other way but Gibson put a block on it. Ever since he has been unhappy and we also priced Celtic out of a move for him.

I won't be sad to see him go because 1 in 10 good performances isn't good enough for me and that's got nothing to do with his fee. I'm more disappointed that he's our record signing and we haven't seen the best of him because of the managers tactics that we have had under his tenure.

I stated on here Tuesday that he had informed the club that he wasn't going to sign a new deal and wanted to leave and the club had touted him around, but no interest so will be interesting to see who is willing to take a punt. Personally I don't believe we will receive a fee for him.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, p_mards said:

I think we shouldn't have signed Assombalonga in the first place. We already had Bamford here who was a better striker and we had far higher priority areas to improve than waste £15 million and another long-term, lucrative contract on Assombalonga; At one point we had Bamford, Assombalonga, Gestede, Fletcher and Braithwaite here bloating our wage bill. Gibson and Bauser should have had more of a joined up plan instead of letting Monk stockpile loads of expensive strikers, only to then have to sell the best one, Bamford, when trying to clear up the financial mess that was created. We should have just kept Bamford and not signed Assombalonga.

Don't forget we had Stuani as well. I'm not sure whether it was possible to keep him but he showed how good he was in Spain when put in a more central position. 

I have to admit I was really looking forward to signing Britt I thought he could have been one of those strikers that could step up to the next level. Although I remember at the time speaking to a few Forest fans they couldn't believe we spent so much money on him. I don't feel he has lived up to his price tag  and i think he probably should have racked up another 30 odd goals in his time here. That said he hasn't been blessed with the managers and the lack of creative players playing for us. 

• Like 1

Can't say I'll miss Britt much. He was a confidence player who never seemed to be confident. Some awful penalty misses and an average of one goal every 3 appearances isn't great for a record signing striker.

Hopefully if he plays against us in future, he'll put in a performance like his one against Forest... woeful.

Delighted about the Watmore news though. It's great having a player who can create spaces with his movement and play quick 1-2s with other players round the box to create chances. Long may he remain fit.

• Like 2

There is a lot of media pressure about football being allowed to play during lockdown. I believe as long as football is controlled, and two tests weekly is greater then most medics, retail, logistics or emergency services have, then it should continue. However reports on Covid positives are increasing including our own team so I fear the worst. With the season in jeopardy It may well affect clubs committing to transfers and will affect our momentum but the biggest threat is abandoning the season completely and starting again. Perish the thought. 
Anyway I’m happy for Watmore and the club because since his appearance we seen to have improved as have the players, there is a lot more believe in each other and the team. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, tmcc said:

are there any concrete rumours of britt leaving or is just speculation due the fact his contracts up in the summer?

Lurker said he's going and he's an in the know poster with a proven track record. If he says he's going, he's more than likely going

• Like 1

Provided they not tested positive I would accept the players from youth team that Warnock name checked few weeks ago to be part of team on Saturday. Think it was defender Dodds, Midfielder Hackney and Striker Kiernan he mentioned.

I expected Folarin and Isiah Jones to part of squad anyway 

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Provided they not tested positive I would accept the players from youth team that Warnock name checked few weeks ago to be part of team on Saturday. Think it was defender Dodds, Midfielder Hackney and Striker Kiernan he mentioned.

I expected Folarin and Isiah Jones to part of squad anyway 

This was meant to be in the fa cup thread. Please ignore.

• Tom locked this topic