oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Can’t disagree with what he has done for us. However every manager has made bad signings. The keeper we’ve just signed has got received universal acclaim has he? 

I reiterate, signing Bolasie could prove to be expensive in terms of salary - something a skint club can ill afford to gamble on.

• Confused 2
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I reiterate, signing Bolasie could prove to be expensive in terms of salary - something a skint club can ill afford to gamble on.

I fully expect whatever we pay Bolasie will come from the money we save on Roberts. 

25 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Thought we might have got a player or two in early but it seems that all the movement will be much later into the window.

We have signed two already , bolasie could drag on like last window 

42 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Yeah renewing someone's contract and signing a bomb scare of a 3rd choice keeper doesn't really count.

It's good we're managed to extend Watmore's contract but I'm talking about addressing the issues in the team.

i thought extending watmores contract was huge , hes our top goalscorer already and looks like he could be a 15-20 goal a season striker if he stays fit . Not bad for free

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

i thought extending watmores contract was huge , hes our top goalscorer already and looks like he could be a 15-20 goal a season striker if he stays fit . Not bad for free

Yeah, but extending a current player's contract is not a new signing.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, but extending a current player's contract is not a new signing.

Not normally but in this circumstance i would say it is , he had only played 8 games , played extremely well and there was rumours other clubs were offering more lucrative offers to take him on when his contract expired . If we had lost him he would have been even less stocked in the attacking department especially with britt leaving and fletcher not fit yet . Big signing in my opinion 

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Kamil Grosicki is playing for West Brom today and has assisted their equaliser, so he may not be fully out of their picture.

More's the pity as he'd be an excellent signing.

Depends on who West brom sign I think as they have just gotten Robert Snodgrass if they add another wide attacker they should still be looking to move him on Grosicki 

2 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

Can’t disagree with what he has done for us. However every manager has made bad signings. The keeper we’ve just signed has got received universal acclaim has he? 

Why does it matter how the lad has been received? Literally has nothing to do with Warnock's record and more to do with fans being short-sighted.. which proves my point. NW knows best, let him bring in players he wants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Why does it matter how the lad has been received? Literally has nothing to do with Warnock's record and more to do with fans being short-sighted.. which proves my point. NW knows best, let him bring in players he wants.

I generally think that fans reactions at a time a player is linked/bought/sold should be ignored.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic