oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

Why don't people want Bolasie? Everyone wanted Hoilett when we were linked and they're similar age, similar players and both played under NW, only difference is Bolasie's done it at a higher level 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Why don't people want Bolasie? Everyone wanted Hoilett when we were linked and they're similar age, similar players and both played under NW, only difference is Bolasie's done it at a higher level 

I think it’s just one poster who is against it because Bolaise ran over his cat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
34 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Ok if he signs, and he is shy@@ you can tell me I was right. Equally if he is a success I will hold my hand up. I think I know which side of the coin I favour!

And more importantly to you, I think everyone on this board is also very aware of which side of the coin you favour.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
56 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Ok if he signs, and he is shy@@ you can tell me I was right. Equally if he is a success I will hold my hand up. I think I know which side of the coin I favour!

I honestly think he could score a three every week, assist two cure cancer and you still wouldn’t be happy. 

You will have confirmation bias and just see every missed pass or wry smile.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, AstoriaBoro said:

Ravel Morrison is available again 😅.

Contract terminated by mutual consent after 4 months and 5 games.

Lad must have the best agent in the game. How does he keep getting deals?

1 hour ago, AstoriaBoro said:

Ravel Morrison is available again 😅.

Contract terminated by mutual consent after 4 months and 5 games.

How many minutes of football did he actually play in 2020 for the money he received. As is amazing how that guy keeps getting contract's for no return. 

13 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

I really, really hope it’s not Bolasie. I am beginning to think Warnock have been hypnotised- being told Bolasie is a decent acquisition for us. Please, please no, a Billy Big Spuds who could ruin what we have and contribute nothing much at all.

What evidence do you have that he is a Billy Big Spuds? Have you ever even heard him talk? You know what, He might not turn out to be amazing signing,  we’ve had plenty duds before. But he’s not gonna bankrupt us and he could just be the bit of quality we need to get in us into the play offs and possibly further. Either way, I don’t see how it is a gamble. As already pointed out, he and NW have worked together before and says NW is his boy, so I hardly think he’s gonna go round disrupting the dressing room. Even if he is all the things you say he is, he might still think it’s worth putting the effort in for about 15 games of football, in order to earn himself an extra 10 or 20k a week and a good club, when he signs a new contract in the summer

And we’ve already got the perfect example for him in Duncan Whatmore. Player comes in, blighted by injury, without a club and lost to the football wilderness. Comes here, Puts the effort in, plays well for a few games and all of a sudden is wanted by a host of clubs and gets himself a nice new contract and a good club 😁 job done

6 hours ago, El1986 said:

And we’ve already got the perfect example for him in Duncan Whatmore. Player comes in, blighted by injury, without a club and lost to the football wilderness. Comes here, Puts the effort in, plays well for a few games and all of a sudden is wanted by a host of clubs and gets himself a nice new contract and a good club 😁 job done

I’d rather have Tav and Watmore in the team than Bolasie, it will take him a long time to get up to speed, he’s barely played and he wasn’t that good when he did. Waste of money.

As for the outrageous claims that we all wanted to sign Hoilett, no we didn’t. 
I think that it would be crazy to spend big money on loan players in this current climate, when we don’t even know if the season will be completed.

Footballers at every level don’t seem to understand COVID restrictions, a week or so after Warnock talked about stricter measures at the training ground, the virus has struck the team, Women’s football has been postponed after players travelled to Dubai, there are videos on social media of Chorley players singing in their dressing room with no social distancing. It’s not just the premier league elite that are flaunting the rules. 

• Like 1

The comparison one poster cited - Watmore and Bolasie- how on earth can you compare the two? Watmore trained with us without getting payment. He wanted to prove he could hack it - and boy did he do so. He showed a desire and enthusiasm to want to play for us. Bolasie? Can’t see him offering his services under those circumstances.

I simply don’t get the apparent eagerness for Bolasie. Certainly this doesn’t appear to be a two way thing. He apparently is holding out for a Premier club coming in for him with the full knowledge of our desire to get him. So we are his insurance policy - or last resort- of securing a move. Frankly this doesn’t demonstrate a real desire to join Boro.

If this sort of player floats your boat - fair enough. To me, a club bordering on being skint could do with a lot more enthusiasm to join the club - something this guy doesn’t visibly show.

His most recent record playing in England doesn’t convince me he would be a valuable asset.

I can only hope he can mesmerise defences like he appears to have achieved with some of our fans.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

The comparison one poster cited - Watmore and Bolasie- how on earth can you compare the two? Watmore trained with us without getting payment. He wanted to prove he could hack it - and boy did he do so. He showed a desire and enthusiasm to want to play for us. Bolasie? Can’t see him offering his services under those circumstances.

I simply don’t get the apparent eagerness for Bolasie. Certainly this doesn’t appear to be a two way thing. He apparently is holding out for a Premier club coming in for him with the full knowledge of our desire to get him. So we are his insurance policy - or last resort- of securing a move. Frankly this doesn’t demonstrate a real desire to join Boro.

If this sort of player floats your boat - fair enough. To me, a club bordering on being skint could do with a lot more enthusiasm to join the club - something this guy doesn’t visibly show.

His most recent record playing in England doesn’t convince me he would be a valuable asset.

I can only hope he can mesmerise defences like he appears to have achieved with some of our fans.

No point signing him, we need to save our resources for next season.

It looks like Warnock is going to stay and with the foundations he’s built, next season could be an interesting one, best not to waste money in this window. 

• Tom locked this topic