• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m saying don’t overspend at the moment with no income stream coming in to the club.
Wait until the end of the season then reevaluate things. I’m more concerned about the club getting into debt than I am about missing out on promotion this year. 

We should never overspend. But if there is funds available now is a good time to strengthen. Playoffs are well within reach and autos are close too. 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You reckon he’s worth more than Traore?

Traore was worth more than the 18 but had a release clause so hard to compare. I’d argue that Tav is probably just as important to us as Traore was. When Tav plays well our attack is usually better. 

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Traore was worth more than the 18 but had a release clause so hard to compare. I’d argue that Tav is probably just as important to us as Traore was. When Tav plays well our attack is usually better. 

fixed it for you. Just having him on the pitch seems to help.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We should never overspend. But if there is funds available now is a good time to strengthen. Playoffs are well within reach and autos are close too. 

You are desperate for us to be in the premier league, I think it’s too soon with this squad and don’t want to see them all replaced if we go up. I like the team and it’s spirit, another season in the championship with the steady improvements that the players are making, culminating in promotion would be a better long term option for the club. 

29 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m saying don’t overspend at the moment with no income stream coming in to the club.
Wait until the end of the season then reevaluate things. I’m more concerned about the club getting into debt than I am about missing out on promotion this year. 

you dont have to worry about that mate, as its not your money 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You are desperate for us to be in the premier league, I think it’s too soon with this squad and don’t want to see them all replaced if we go up. I like the team and it’s spirit, another season in the championship with the steady improvements that the players are making, culminating in promotion would be a better long term option for the club. 

I don’t think it’s ever too soon to win promotion. You are planning for something that’s impossible to predict. Getting promoted this season and banking all that money when it’s been so tough 1,5 season would make a huuuuge difference to our finances and the future. But you’re right that we shouldn’t copy the last promotion and fill the team with duds. 

35 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You reckon he’s worth more than Traore?

No not at all, but as others have said we were knackered due to Traores clause.

You look at the likes of Webster 20m+. Norwich want 40m for Buendia. I think Tav is well worth 20m, we dont need to sell, hes tied to a long term contract plus hes only 21 so lots of time to improve.

3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

No not at all, but as others have said we were knackered due to Traores clause.

You look at the likes of Webster 20m+. Norwich want 40m for Buendia. I think Tav is well worth 20m, we dont need to sell, hes tied to a long term contract plus hes only 21 so lots of time to improve.

I’d rather we didn’t sell him if we don’t need to. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t sell anyone this window unless a daft offer comes in. It’s a nice place for the club to be in though knowing they’ve got sellable assets in tav,spence, wood, fry and McNair. Can see maybe a sale or two in the summer to allow us to build in key areas. 

37 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You are desperate for us to be in the premier league, I think it’s too soon with this squad and don’t want to see them all replaced if we go up.  

That doesn’t have to happen we can get promoted and keep most of the team in place but on the joint understanding that we will likely go back down.

the team is just as likely to be spilt up by staying in the championship Tav, Spence, Fry and McNair are already being watched by premier league teams. Be a lot easier to keep them with premier league money than championship money.

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic