oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Any actual news or is it just people arguing whether we should or shouldn't get promoted?

No actual news as of yet. 

But suppose arguing over promotion is at least different to arguing whether Fry is any good or not 😂

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Let's get a bit of a debate going, I'd britt goes who do people think we will replace him with and who would you like to replace him with.

For me probably get that davis fella from villa on loan, but would love us to get puscus from reading.

11 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Let's get a bit of a debate going, I'd britt goes who do people think we will replace him with and who would you like to replace him with.

For me probably get that davis fella from villa on loan, but would love us to get puscus from reading.

Honestly, I wouldn't replace him. We've got Akpom and Fletcher to fight over 1 striker position at the moment and I don't think there's any point investing a sizable sum in someone to start a 3 way tug of war.

Strikers have never been the problem for us, in my opinion. It's the players behind. Players don't score goals out of nothing, and if they do, they're usually playing for the top teams. We need better composure and technique to supply good chances to the forward players.

I'd invest the money in a genuinely quality wide-man. Jed Wallace at Millwall would probably be my first choice.

I'd also like a central midfielder with the composure to control a football match. Barry Bannan at Sheff Wed would be my first choice there.

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

When was the last time we got info from any of our forums including this one that's came to fruition? We got a few snippets in the summer but I can't think of any ITK posts that happened

I realise it's difficult with changing managers and regimes mind

Pretty sure Sam Morsy was broken on here before it was common knowledge.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Honestly, I wouldn't replace him. We've got Akpom and Fletcher to fight over 1 striker position at the moment and I don't think there's any point investing a sizable sum in someone to start a 3 way tug of war.

Strikers have never been the problem for us, in my opinion. It's the players behind. Players don't score goals out of nothing, and if they do, they're usually playing for the top teams. We need better composure and technique to supply good chances to the forward players.

I'd invest the money in a genuinely quality wide-man. Jed Wallace at Millwall would probably be my first choice.

I'd also like a central midfielder with the composure to control a football match. Barry Bannan at Sheff Wed would be my first choice there.

I like the saville morsy Tav trio in central midfield. I'm really worried about going back to saville howson and morsy though. 

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I like the saville morsy Tav trio in central midfield. I'm really worried about going back to saville howson and morsy though. 

Morsy is great at breaking up play, Tav is very effective going forward (personally I'd have him playing right wing and cutting in on his left, though) but Saville I think flatters to deceive. Bit of a busy-body who rarely has an impact, for me. I'd replace him with Bannan and I think we'd be left with a very very balanced midfield.

1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Morsy is great at breaking up play, Tav is very effective going forward (personally I'd have him playing right wing and cutting in on his left, though) but Saville I think flatters to deceive. Bit of a busy-body who rarely has an impact, for me. I'd replace him with Bannan and I think we'd be left with a very very balanced midfield.

I don't disagree with saville as an individual, think he's not really got any really strong points. But he fits the style of play quite well and I don't think our very limited resources need to be put into the central midfield area when there are far more concerning areas. 

I think @nunthorpered broke the Morsy story and kept us up to speed.

Regarding Britt replacement. Warnock has said he and Akpom are too similar and therefore would expect a traditional target man to replace him IF he does leave.  Bristol City lad fits the bill

31 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I think we are fine with Watmore, Akpom and Fletcher if Britt goes, but I don’t think he will. 

37 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think @nunthorpered broke the Morsy story and kept us up to speed.

Regarding Britt replacement. Warnock has said he and Akpom are too similar and therefore would expect a traditional target man to replace him IF he does leave.  Bristol City lad fits the bill

Warnock said he had bad business in the past with Bristol city and will give it a miss . Plus diedhiou played for them today , if he was leaving they wouldn't risk an injury . He also dismissed Clarke from Spurs .

He knows who he wants , 2 players who will go straight into the team he said .

one loan , one swap .

On a separate note ,Tav and Spence getting interest reports suggest , a big bid will test our resolve . Skunks , Everton , Wolves , LCFC , Leeds among those interested 

Edited by Simply Red
Extra info
23 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Warnock said he had bad business in the past with Bristol city and will give it a miss . Plus diedhiou played for them today , if he was leaving they wouldn't risk an injury . He also dismissed Clarke from Spurs .

He knows who he wants , 2 players who will go straight into the team he said .

one loan , one swap . Tav and Spence getting interest reports suggest , a big bid will test our resolve .

I think he meant the bit about bad luck from previous Bristol signings as a joke.

He not leaving because they wish to sell him but because his deal is running in summer so dont think the injury issue would influence them. Am sure if Britt was fit yesterday he would have played. It seems Akpom offered as Britt could not play.

5 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You know as well as I do, that won’t happen, Gibbo will get all excited if we go up and he’ll start splashing out on new players that aren’t quite good enough or past it, then we’ll go down and be lumbered with them. 

I’d personally prefer a slower organic path, keep the players, enjoy a good season in the championship next year, build confidence and go up automatically. Then we could try and stay up without overhauling the squad and losing our identity. 

I want to respond to this, but I really don’t know how to say what I want to say, without sounding like a complete door handle. I mean, possibly the most baffling statement I’ve ever read. You don’t want to get promoted to the prem this year, have all the excitement that being in the prem offers, come into loads of money that we could use to invest in the squad and secure the near to mid term future of the club. Trying to establish ourselves as a premier league club. You would rather hang back and go up organically. Wow. Possibly the biggest crock I’ve ever heard. So, we keep the players we’ve got, build up their confidence a bit and next year we’ll get automatic promotion ‘organically’. The current crop will all of a sudden turn into world beaters next year, after NW has said nice things to them and built up their confidence. In fact they’ll be so good, we won’t even need to invest anything when we go up. This will all just happen if it’s own accord, without anyone having to try and we’ll be all the happier for it cos we did it organically. I mean, at best, it’s a complete lack of ambition. I honestly despair

• Like 4
  • Tom locked this topic