oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

24 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Uwe, yes , you’ve got it! As a footballer whose most recent form in the Championship at Villa was completely uninspiring -21 games and ( allegedly) a total of 2 decent games- I cannot for the life of me see the clamour of signing such a player. Hey ho, all about opinions.

Could be worse we could sign an injury prone league one player who couldn’t find a club in the summer and last played well 4 years ago.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Could be worse we could sign an injury prone league one player who couldn’t find a club in the summer and last played well 4 years ago.

image.gif.73d681861d5c68395c3e14f9b2bc05b8.gif

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

or pay 5m for an injury prone midfielder and make him play in defence

3 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

A player I would be delighted to see us sign on loan, Anthony Knockeart. Good Champo player perhaps not quite Premier League. 

Now this type of player would excite me.

He on loan at forest. For the season i think. Not done anything special there i don't think.

And was not all that at Fulham last seaaon either.

Was brilliant for Brighton in the two seasons he spent at champo level with them but that was several seasons ago now.

Just now, Robin Johnson said:

Uwe, yes , you’ve got it! As a footballer whose most recent form in the Championship at Villa was completely uninspiring -21 games and ( allegedly) a total of 2 decent games- I cannot for the life of me see the clamour of signing such a player. Hey ho, all about opinions.

he got 5 assists and 2 goals in 21 games at villa (Assisting or scoring a goal every 3 games), hardly a bad return, especially when you factor in that he only started 9 of those games so much of this was done coming of the bench.

futhermore,  those stats are pretty much better than anyone else at the club currently as the highest number of asissts  from a player this season is george saville and marvin johnson who both have 4 in 21 games respectively. and both have taken far more game time  to acheive this compared to bolasie.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You already know what’s going to happen.
He’ll sign for us last minute, take a month to get fit, Warnock will hang back on putting him into the starting lineup, he’ll make a couple of sub appearances then get injured and miss the next couple of months. 

That would be so Boro...

At the risk of reigniting the argument, I can see why some are less than enthusiastic. Instead of pinning our hopes on a player who would rather be in the PL and sees us very much as a fall back option, I'd much rather NW found someone in the mould of Watmore...a decent lower-league player with the potential to improve and who would actually see Boro as a step up.

• Like 3
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I'd much rather NW found someone in the mould of Watmore...a decent lower-league player with the potential to improve and who would actually see Boro as a step up.

i think this is difficult to find though, alot harder and much more risky getting than a proven champ/prem standard playeron loan. also, i dont think its a viable option to buy youth prospects in january as you will likely pay over the odds and they might not slot in straight away. the january window is more commonly for plugging gaps in the current to help you acheive your seasons goals which is why i personally think bringing proven talent is better option.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i think this is difficult to find though, alot harder and much more risky getting than a proven champ/prem standard playeron loan. also, i dont think its a viable option to buy youth prospects in january as you will likely pay over the odds and they might not slot in straight away. the january window is more commonly for plugging gaps in the current to help you acheive your seasons goals which is why i personally think bringing proven talent is better option.

Totally agree proven talent is the way this window, win our game in hand and we're only 4 points off second.  We have a real chance to go up this season, Norwich only real stand out team this year and we probably should have beat them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You already know what’s going to happen.
He’ll sign for us last minute, take a month to get fit, Warnock will hang back on putting him into the starting lineup, he’ll make a couple of sub appearances then get injured and miss the next couple of months. 

I think the first part of this correct. However, I think he will come good towards the latter part of the season and contribute towards 7+ goals. 😁

5 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He had no control over the midfield or tempo of the game at all. Shirked 50/50s, weak in the tackle, slow to track back. He might have the odd good pass in him but he is NOT a central midfielder fit for the modern game.

Newsflash: Guy with only attacking midfield qualities struggles when asked to defend and play deeper. 

Can only echo Wilson here. Wing has plenty of Championship quality. Tackling and running anywhere particularly quickly are not any of them, so why do we keep asking him to do it? Get him up the pitch and let him roam around the 18 yard box.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Newsflash: Guy with only attacking midfield qualities struggles when asked to defend and play deeper. 

Can only echo Wilson here. Wing has plenty of Championship quality. Tackling and running anywhere particularly quickly are not any of them, so why do we keep asking him to do it? Get him up the pitch and let him roam around the 18 yard box.

Reminder .. Wing was a striker before Boro 

• Tom locked this topic