oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

11 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

EG have ran an article on Diedhou still not signing a new deal with Bristol City... Could have legs that one. 

They have offered him a new contract this week to try and stop him leaving. Be interesting to see what happens with that.

Clough looks to be on his way to Wigan.

Murray still at Watford but training alone. I know he’s knocking on but would be a great line signing for us.

Edited by GrimsbyBoro
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Stewart linked again. Would make sense if Wing went.

Too old and too inconsistent. I doubt he'd be any better than Wing now. Would rather we looked elsewhere.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, boroie said:

Also don't forget that many of them are kids (or big kids) and don't mature in the real world like the rest of us. They maybe dont save because they dont see the need to. 

Which is another major problem in the game that nobody seems to care about tackling.

If they're not willing to listen to financial advisors, or take on board any advice they get from the club, I'd like to see a system put in place where they only get a percentage of their salary as disposable income, with the rest put in a trust fund or something, where any spending has to be cleared with someone qualified, before they can access that money.

It just boggles the mind that TPTB are okay with young, relatively uneducated blokes being given that much money to splash around like confetti.

Maybe employment law wouldn't allow that sort of situation, but a lot of exceptions seem to be made for footballers, so why not another one?

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Stewart linked again. Would make sense if Wing went.

Are you referring to the article on football league world @GrimsbyBoro? It is an opinion piece by them on we should target to bolster our squad as opposed to any actual link.

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Are you referring to the article on football league world @GrimsbyBoro? It is an opinion piece by them on we should target to bolster our squad as opposed to any actual link.

I got it from Twitter but that’s probably where it came from.

Walker gone to Crewe on loan

Hope Crewe let him start some games!

Seems to be well loved by the fans already; there was apparently a bit of a clamour by Crewe fans to get it done when his Dons loan got cancelled. 

Glad to see he's appreciated there and I hope it works out!

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic