• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Anyone mentioned Jahanbakhsh as the possible winger/striker ? He fits the description as being involved in the squad and playing the 2 positions. Doesnt play all that often either so could be a possibility ? 

4 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Anyone mentioned Jahanbakhsh as the possible winger/striker ? He fits the description as being involved in the squad and playing the 2 positions. Doesnt play all that often either so could be a possibility ? 

Think he is injured mate.

Nelson would be unbelievable. He was great at Hoffenheim where he scored 7 in just under 600mins. I think injuries have held him back a bit but hes very highly regarded at both Hoffenheim and arsenal. But... I'd still be worried hell come in and be just a like for like replacement for Roberts in terms of being used. I've grown used to us signing wingers over the years and not bothering to give them a chance at this stage.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Nelson would be unbelievable. He was great at Hoffenheim where he scored 7 in just under 600mins. I think injuries have held him back a bit but hes very highly regarded at both Hoffenheim and arsenal. But... I'd still be worried hell come in and be just a like for like replacement for Roberts in terms of being used. I've grown used to us signing wingers over the years and not bothering to give them a chance at this stage.

I think the Roberts situation is nothing to do with footballing ability. There is obviously something behind the scenes with him, maybe it's injury related, maybe Warnock making a point as someone brought Roberts in over his head? Who knows. But Warnock has gone out of his way to not play him. 

Nelson would be a fantastic signing. 

25 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I think the Roberts situation is nothing to do with footballing ability. There is obviously something behind the scenes with him, maybe it's injury related, maybe Warnock making a point as someone brought Roberts in over his head? Who knows. But Warnock has gone out of his way to not play him. 

Nelson would be a fantastic signing. 

It's really weird. First thoughts are he's just not a hard worker and doesn't have the defensive skills Warnock requires. But then he managed him for a couple of months last season so he wouldn't bring him back if that's the case. 

29 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I think the Roberts situation is nothing to do with footballing ability. 

I would disagree with this. I think it is to do with ability. Roberts doesn’t actually do anything. Doesn’t score, assist, create chances or normally even retain possession.

He’s “exciting” because he tries dribbles but in both of his spells has given us very little.

Then add in the defensive side of the game and I can see why he’s not in the team.

What I really don’t understand is why he was brought back.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I would disagree with this. I think it is to do with ability. Roberts doesn’t actually do anything. Doesn’t score, assist, create chances or normally even retain possession.

He’s “exciting” because he tries dribbles but in both of his spells has given us very little.

Then add in the defensive side of the game and I can see why he’s not in the team.

What I really don’t understand is why he was brought back.

He played 614mins last season and scored 1 goal and 2 assists. One every 200 mins, or 1 every other game. 

He's played just 257 mins this season. 

Most of the minutes he's got over both seasons have been 15 to 20 mins here and there at the end of games. 

If you think he's been given a fair chance here then you must have some kind of vendetta against him because those numbers prove otherwise.

• Like 3

Roberts does create chances. It’s hard for him to show it though when all he gets is the rare 10 minutes at the end of a game, what’s he supposed to do in that time? We can’t even judge the guy because he’s barely played this season, so tbh we don’t know how he’d contribute if given a proper run in the team. 
For me, last season showed what he can do. However with that being said I’m not claiming he should be in the team, as we are doing well without him. I do believe that he should be the first player we look to on the bench when we need a goal. The fact he doesn’t even get on the pitch in them circumstances is a bit bizarre IMO.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

He played 614mins last season and scored 1 goal and 2 assists. One every 200 mins, or 1 every other game. 

Most of the minutes he's got over both seasons have been 15 to 20 mins here and there at the end of games. 

If you think he's been given a fair chance here then you must have some kind of vendetta against him because those numbers prove otherwise.

Was just about to post this. Although transfermarkt has him at 3 assists and a goal in 10 appearances last season which isn't bad at all for a guy that hadn't played for a while before joining.

I would bet my house that had Robert's been given the luxury of start after start even after terrible performances like Johnson has, his numbers would be much better than any of our other attackers.

And just to build on that - some further stats on last season -

He averaged 1.9 key passes a game. The next best was 1.3 for Marv. The literal definition of a key pass is the pass before a shot. So he does create chances. 

He averaged 2 dribbles per game. The next best was 1.6 from Hayden coulson. 

His pass success was 77.7%. the only players still at the club who bettered that are saville, McNair and wood who will all be making much safer passes in defensive areas. 

People see what they want to see and ignore the facts. Stats aren't everything but they're a damn good indicator of how effective a player actually is.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Basically just explained my thoughts in your post here!

I remember him also winning two penalties last season, which surely count for something.

People were also making these Same excuses for pulis's non usage of Harrison btw, and look at him now. I understand the turn around Warnock has had in our fortunes is excellent but that doesn't mean he's infallible.

• Tom locked this topic