• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

I think it's abundantly clear from Warnock's comments that Roberts just doesn't work hard enough in training, or worse that he has a bad attitude.

Saying Roberts needs to knuckle down to work his way in to Warnock's thinking.

You can say he's got more natural ability than the players coming on ahead of him, so that shouldn't matter, but I think that's a huge part of it.

He's not done anything in the 3 games he actually has started this season to outweigh that.

Edited by TeaCider24
27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

And just to build on that - some further stats on last season -

He averaged 1.9 key passes a game. The next best was 1.3 for Marv. The literal definition of a key pass is the pass before a shot. So he does create chances. 

He averaged 2 dribbles per game. The next best was 1.6 from Hayden coulson. 

His pass success was 77.7%. the only players still at the club who bettered that are saville, McNair and wood who will all be making much safer passes in defensive areas. 

People see what they want to see and ignore the facts. Stats aren't everything but they're a damn good indicator of how effective a player actually is.

Stats have warped peoples view of the game. A key pass is the most useless championship manager style stat. 

A winger passes it backwards 20 yards to team mate on the half way line who chips the keeper  and scores and that’s a key pass. Was it the wingers creativity and key pass that lead to the goal?

a winger puts a ball into ‘the red zone’ but the striker trips and that doesn’t count as a key pass. Does this make the pass poor? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lad on flyme reckons we’re unveiling a player at half time tomorrow. Not sure who we’d be unveiling him to like, but I for one am excited.

Nelson would be class btw, and fits with what NW has been hinting. He could be the one who has 3 or 4 potential suitors?

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think it's abundantly clear from Warnock's comments that Roberts just doesn't work hard enough in training, or worse that he has a bad attitude.

Saying Roberts needs to knuckle down to work his way in to Warnock's thinking.

You can say he's got more natural ability than the players coming on ahead of him, so that shouldn't matter, but I think that's a huge part of it.

He's not done anything in the 3 games he actually has started this season to outweigh that.

Saville was awful for 2 full seasons before coming good this season. McNair was really poor for parts of last season. 3 starts spread sporadically over 5 months is hardly enough of a chance, come on.

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Saville was awful for 2 full seasons before coming good this season. McNair was really poor for parts of last season. 3 starts spread sporadically over 5 months is hardly enough of a chance, come on.

I'm guessing they tried hard in training under Warnock.

Roberts' 3 starts were all within a month of each other, and across 8 games, so they were't that sporadic.

There's clearly a reason he's never started again since the Derby match, a game we won comfortably.

Bola and Browne managed to work their way in to the manager's thinking after being sidelined, so I don't think it's that he just won't alter his opinion of someone.

Edited by TeaCider24
12 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Stats have warped peoples view of the game. A key pass is the most useless championship manager style stat. 

A winger passes it backwards 20 yards to team mate on the half way line who chips the keeper  and scores and that’s a key pass. Was it the wingers creativity and key pass that lead to the goal?

a winger puts a ball into ‘the red zone’ but the striker trips and that doesn’t count as a key pass. Does this make the pass poor? 

That's why you don't look at stats for one part of the game, you look at it over the course of 10 games or a full season, you get a better picture that way. And the fact his Patrick roberts, when on the pitch, sets up more shooting chances than anyone else in our squad.

8 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Lad on flyme reckons we’re unveiling a player at half time tomorrow. Not sure who we’d be unveiling him to like, but I for one am excited.

Nelson would be class btw, and fits with what NW has been hinting. He could be the one who has 3 or 4 potential suitors?

we've not had a HT unveiling since Danny Mills and Mendi together...

Seems extra pointless in the social media age with no fans at the ground. 

Just watching the Bristol city v Millwall game and they could keep Diedhiou (although he scored a penalty) but that Semanyo looks hell of a player 

5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Noticed Sam Stubbs got released by Fleetwood. I remember some on here that thought he should be playing for us..

It happens with alot of youtb players that leave. But can you think of one that we have let go in recent times and has actually done anything. Same was said for ben liddle. Im sure he dosnt get much of a look in for bristol rovers 

• Tom locked this topic