oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Birmingham have received a bid of £1m for Juke. Surely not us.

Ticks a few boxes. Would be a target man, cheap price, scores goals in the championship and a former player.

Can’t see it being him... Warnock said the striker will be a loan.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

A week left in the window.

I can't see Fry playing on Wednesday, though he may be back for Norwich if there's no bone damage.

I think the injury might well prevent Nathan Wood going out on loan, which is a shame for him.

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

A week left in the window.

I can't see Fry playing on Wednesday, though he may be back for Norwich if there's no bone damage.

I think the injury might well prevent Nathan Wood going out on loan, which is a shame for him.

Would have been crazy to send him out on loan without a replacement anyway. As yesterday showed, one injury to fry or McNair (historically injury prone) and were down to nothing it he isn't here.

I think he is training already. Looking at the end of the month for first team. Think Warnock said the Norwich game. 

really low on numbers until then. I think our window now revolves around Fry. If he’s out for a long time we need someone who can come straight into the team. Can’t rely on Hall or Wood.

• Like 1

Chelsea have apparently sacked LAmpard. I would nok mind him here at the end of the season if Warnock decides to leave. Maybe come in during the autumn for a smoother transition. But he'll probably have bigger suitors. That said I reckon Gibson will be happy to give Warnock another year or two.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Chelsea have apparently sacked LAmpard. I would nok mind him here at the end of the season if Warnock decides to leave. Maybe come in during the autumn for a smoother transition. But he'll probably have bigger suitors. That said I reckon Gibson will be happy to give Warnock another year or two.

Yeah, I think Lampard will be after bigger roles after managing Chelsea. I don't even agree with the sacking and I imagine there are clubs around the Prem who will be questioning whether they could have it better with Frank or if the timing of it is lining up well with the way things are going. Bielsa's contract is up in the summer, Bruce seems to be on borrowed time at Newcastle.

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wouldn't have him here myself at all. Think the fact he was in charge with all those top players flattered him.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Frank will be a Premership manager in his next role. I don't think there's any chance of him dropping to the Championship, even if he has to wait a little longer for an opportunity. He's very highly regarded by people in high places.

He'd be the perfect fit at West Ham, but Moyes is doing a good job so can't imagine them changing manager any time soon. Supposedly Hasenhüttl is of interest to Chelsea. If so Southampton could be a decent fit. (EDIT: Scrap this last bit. It's Tuchel who's got the job by the look of it).

If we are to be reliant on Grant Hall then I'm genuinely worried. I didn't rate him but figured he would bulk out the squad with some experience so fair enough. He looked very ring rusty at the start of the season but I hoped that with a few months under his belt he would settle in. Now another lengthy injury lay off and I can't see him returning to a standard that we immediately require. In time he may improve but there is always that risk of a Gestede moment just waiting to happen.

If Dijksteel is out we need to switch Howson to RB and bring in an additional CB on loan if we can't buy. The Tav injury I'm guessing will mean some time out for him if it is as bad as it looked. If we go with Watmore on one side and Johnson on the other with Spence/Coulson as back ups we can muddle through if Tav isn't out for long but the thin veneer of the squad is very apparent. The obvious would be to use Roberts instead of Tav especially if we are playing Howson behind him but I think Tav's grandmother has a better chance of getting game time.

• Tom locked this topic