oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

It will be a shame to see him go as I was a fan but there's no point having somebody sat on the bench who isn't going to get a fair whack on playing time. I was hoping with Tav potentially out for a while this would give him that opportunity to stake a claim for us.

I do feel he will need a run of games rather than a sporadic start or 8 minutes at the end of a game to show what he could do for us. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

He came on in the 81st minute and looked sharp but didn't get given the ball in any good areas. The one time he did he won a free kick for us. The neutral commentators commented on how sharp he looked in his brief cameo.

for me, he didn't lay the ball off just kept it and tried to beat the same guy again, same thing I've seen from him on the highlights etc great if he waltz's into the box to win a pen but pointless if there is no end product. I'm with @GrimsbyBoro on this one

I've got a mate who's a Birmingham fan and he's that we're one of the clubs interested in Lukas Jutkiewicz.

He also said Huddersfield along with another Championship club and Sunderland are other teams interested.

Make of that what you will.

He said all the bids are just under 1m.

Edited by RiversideRed
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If we are to be reliant on Grant Hall then I'm genuinely worried. I didn't rate him but figured he would bulk out the squad with some experience so fair enough. He looked very ring rusty at the start of the season but I hoped that with a few months under his belt he would settle in. Now another lengthy injury lay off and I can't see him returning to a standard that we immediately require. In time he may improve but there is always that risk of a Gestede moment just waiting to happen.

If Dijksteel is out we need to switch Howson to RB and bring in an additional CB on loan if we can't buy. The Tav injury I'm guessing will mean some time out for him if it is as bad as it looked. If we go with Watmore on one side and Johnson on the other with Spence/Coulson as back ups we can muddle through if Tav isn't out for long but the thin veneer of the squad is very apparent. The obvious would be to use Roberts instead of Tav especially if we are playing Howson behind him but I think Tav's grandmother has a better chance of getting game time.

He played 3 games to be fair, not sure you can read a lot into 3 games

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Something you heard @CrazyL?

I posted it a few days back. We can’t afford to pay Roberts and Bolasie. If City take PB back then there is a chance that YB could be back on the agenda.

• Tom locked this topic