oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

3 minutes ago, Smoggie Spraggon said:
12 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

He tried to sign Marty Phillips at Cardiff in the prem  maybe him. They’ve got 5 or 6 players now in the wide position maybe Allardyce will try to get a couple off the wage bill to put towards the signings 

I suppose it makes sense, he’s be quality

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Gone from we are signing a winger to we are optimistic 🙃

There's nothing in that article about incomings that isn't just rewording what Warnock has already said in press conferences.

6 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing is Roberts rarely makes impact on the game like yesterday he had 20 mins did nothing well the whole team did nothing but still. At Brentford he made some decent through balls that didn't come off baring that did nothing.  He doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck and score us match winning goals like I expected him to do when he joined. He doesn't run at defences shoot goal. He runs shoots into defenders legs for no reason 

He came on after 81 minutes. Barely time to make an impact.

I don't know the reason why he isn't getting game time, but Warnock used him to good effect at the end of last season.

He needs run of at least 3 or 4 games. He hasn't even had two starts in a row this season, and there have been many times when we have needed something different. One thing I do know is that he has started 3 times in the league and we have won them all (Bristol City away, Coventry and Derby at home).

Maybe now is the time to give him a run in the team?

• Like 5
3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He played 3 games to be fair, not sure you can read a lot into 3 games

That's exactly my point, he was rusty then so I doubt he's going to come back all guns blazing. Like Ayala is now for Blackburn I do doubt if he will ever recover fully to be relied upon sadly.

If, and if anyone comes in they would need to be match fit and bond quickly with the team players to have any immediate impact. If we do sign anyone do you think NW will stop waiting until the 75th min to change strategy? 

• Like 2

Warnock was using roberts regularly last season, I remember being gutted he got injured as we looked a totally different team when he wasn’t playing. God knows what’s gone on between then and this season. I wonder if he’s another ‘gift’ that we got over a player warnock really wanted.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I actually don't see the point in signing anyone this window.

I am surprised at that @TheJew. Given you seem to predict we will lose most games I assume you would think there are weaknesses across the entire team that need addressing. Therefore might as well start some of that rebuild now if we can so the major overhaul in summer which I assume you believe squad needs is not as demanding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, TheJew said:

I agree, very rarely do clubs allow decent players to leave in the January window. If a particular "bargain" becomes available then fine but we usually overpay to sign dross that most of us on here know will crash and burn before a ball is kicked, (Guedioura and Gestede come all too readily readily to mind).

Whoever comes in needs to be available to play immediately and not waiting until they get fit. It makes more sense to loan players at this stage and then do our shopping in the Summer when 150 contracts will have have expired.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That's exactly my point, he was rusty then so I doubt he's going to come back all guns blazing. Like Ayala is now for Blackburn I do doubt if he will ever recover fully to be relied upon sadly.

There is nothing to suggest Hall has persistent injuries like Ayala, he had a bad one but then played 30 games last season before the season was paused. There is nothing to say he can't find fitness long term for us

8 hours ago, TheJew said:

I kind of get this, we won’t go down but it’s unlikely we will go up or even make the playoffs, we are just way too inconsistent and don’t score enough, and until we clear out the strike force and get abit more creativity we are unlikely to have much money to spend. January signings also usually take a while to settle and get up to speed.

• Tom locked this topic