• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

The Gazette article I read is a bit more positive. From what I read i took the following

* He confirms the two deals we had lined up are now dead BUT he adamant we getting players in before next week

* Fry could be ok for tomorrow hopefully.

* Tav is out for a few weeks. Scan today which means could be worse BUT...

what a chance this is for Roberts to possibly get a run in the team. He really needs to grasp it with both hands and show everyone what he got.

3 hours ago, Priv said:

I kind of get this, we won’t go down but it’s unlikely we will go up or even make the playoffs, we are just way too inconsistent and don’t score enough, and until we clear out the strike force and get abit more creativity we are unlikely to have much money to spend. January signings also usually take a while to settle and get up to speed.

Only 5 teams have scored more than us, just to be fair

• Like 1

Think we'll see a lot of deals at all levels collapsing over the next week. The economic factors are a huge part of it for clubs, but some players are wary of upping and uprooting their families at the moment, especially if they're having to do so on lower wages. It's deals further up the chain which will scupper loan moves to the Football League.

I predict we may at least see a young lad or two loaned from bigger clubs U23s come ino on low wage contributions just to help ease the strain on the squad. 

• Like 1

I'm not surprised but tbh, I'm not as disappointed in missing out on players to push for the play-offs as I am in losing players to injury. Missing out on whoever our targets are, especially when we don't know who they are, is nowhere near as disappointing to me as hearing Tav could be out for weeks, on top of Browne being ruled out for a while recently.

Perhaps this is also why we came out so soon to dismiss the Roberts rumours. We'd probably already heard there wasn't much chance of us signing our targets this window; the idea of letting one of our current loaned players go back to their parent club immediately after an injury to someone who plays in the same areas of the pitch wouldn't go down much of a treat despite his lack of game-time so far.

It's gonna be a struggle to get into the play-offs now, that's for sure. We have to solve our problems of consistency whilst being down players.

I wonder how desperate we are, how willing we are to go into the market just to find anyone for a few months that might in any way improve the squad enough to take us over the line. 

Relax, guys .. Big Neil Warnock got this .. 

You can give him 5 hobos, three lunch ladies, 4 waterboys and an old dog with one eye, and he will still find a way to reach promotion with that team! 

I am sure @Blanco agrees 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

You can give him 5 hobos, three lunch ladies, 4 waterboys and an old dog with one eye, and he will still find a way to reach promotion with that team! 

I dont even think he needs to field 11 players. Probably relishes playing with 8 

• Like 1

That wildcard winger from abroad will be looking all the more appealing now that the planned transfers have fallen through.

I know it’s going to be disappointing if we don’t go up this season but, in all honesty, I don’t think we deserve to get promoted as we just aren’t consistent enough. If Warnock stays for next season then I think we’ll see a far better balanced squad that can perform consistently, so I’ll be confident of our chances of promotion. Even if we don’t get promoted this season, I’ll be comforted by the fact that we’ve made huge progress under him and he’ll surely improve on our weaknesses after another Summer transfer window.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

But Fry is only 23? 🤨

• Haha 1

Not sure why people are convinced Roberts will have a chance to prove how good he is now, Tav has been out of the side on plenty of occasions this season and Roberts doesn't tend to start then either. Maybe he'll get an extra 5 or 10mins on the pitch but cant see anymore than that

why do most English clubs not sign more international players? I mean Huddersfield and Norwich showed that it is possible to reach promotion with a bunch of german second league players. It is probably more complicated now after brexit. But signing Kuhlwetter from Heidenheim or Dursun from Darmstadt seems a lot cheaper than buying other CS players. Also we probably can pay them higher wages than what they are currently getting.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Not sure why people are convinced Roberts will have a chance to prove how good he is now, Tav has been out of the side on plenty of occasions this season and Roberts doesn't tend to start then either. Maybe he'll get an extra 5 or 10mins on the pitch but cant see anymore than that

Tav has played every Championship game this season, only 3 times has he had to come onto the pitch from the bench but when he's been on the bench, he's come on. So he's not been out of the side on plenty of occasions.

I'm not saying this means Roberts is definitely going to be starting games and take Tav's place in the team for sure whilst he's out. But that's all but an ever-present player who is gonna be missing for a few weeks in the same area of the pitch that Roberts plays. If he can't get into the team during that time, he might as well not be here.

• Tom locked this topic