oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

26 minutes ago, Boromir said:

That's really sad. I think for the forseeable future we can't really buy top-level proven championship players. So we have to rely on international and young unproven players. I was a little bit worried last season when our new signing like Bola, Dijkstell and Browne did not deliever. I'm much more positive about the future this season, I think we have a solid squad now. If we do some smart transfers next season can be great.

The new work permit rules will make it harder to sign European players but it will now be easier to sign players from outside the EU.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

Tav's injury has probably heightened the need for some creative flair needing to be added to the squad. Am I the only one that is wondering if it's the boots that Tav is wearing that is causing him to slip? The Ground staff didn't have a normal summer to reseed or relay the pitch or whatever they normally do but lets face it the Riverside pitch is still light years ahead of many if not most at this level. I didn't see Spurs or Man City players slipping any more than their lesser opponents in the cup. Come to think of it I didn't notice Blackburn players slipping much either.

He seems to be wearing these laceless Mutator Predator boots (happy to be corrected) if my eyesight is not deceiving me. Are they also the same boots that Marcus Browne was wearing? If so that is two players down due to footwear as much as the state of the pitch. About time NW issued them with good old fashioned brown boots as I used to call them with real "men's" studs!

Meanwhile we are now scouring for loans and additional wages that the Club can ill afford.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ABH said:

The new work permit rules will make it harder to sign European players but it will now be easier to sign players from outside the EU.

Every football manager players eyes light up as they furiously scout South American regens.

Does anyone else think we will struggle to get any players from the Premier League on loan?  I think the managers might look at the Roberts situation and think that their player might get more game time elsewhere.. just a thought. 

1 hour ago, ABH said:

As far as I have read all countries have been put into different tiers and players are awarded points according to league, international games, caps etc. It doesn't matter if you are EU or non-EU. It's easier for some south american players than before Brexit but certainly not easier than a European.

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

As far as I have read all countries have been put into different tiers and players are awarded points according to league, international games, caps etc. It doesn't matter if you are EU or non-EU. It's easier for some south american players than before Brexit but certainly not easier than a European.

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

Good work, Nancy Drew!

Redcar R I don't think it is down to the boots.  Browne stuck his leg well into the turf with an apparent intention of creating a "solid hip " to lever the player away.  We've all done it !

I was quite surprised that he got injured and tended to assume that it was because he'd used his inside leg to make it less obvious.

I've seen a knee go back in again on its own but it is an odd and very upsetting sight to see a knee cap next to where is should be

37 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That’s what I meant. It’s the same rules now for EU and non EU players. The rules for non EU players have been relaxed in line with the rules for EU players 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Does anyone else think we will struggle to get any players from the Premier League on loan?  I think the managers might look at the Roberts situation and think that their player might get more game time elsewhere.. just a thought. 

Not just Roberts (x2) we have had Nmecha, Van le parra, Batth and Morrison all with very few appearances for us.

I guess it will depend on whether the player is a youngster looking for experience, a lad looking to put himself in the shop window or someone they just want off the books.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

The official FA guidelines are here...
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/player-registration/points-based-system

It is the "GBE Mens Player Criteria Jan 2021" document. I used it to work out if Zinkernagel would it the 15 points required (when we were supposedly linked with him), my rough sums had him on 10 points. Not sure if Watford got his WP before this came into effect, or if they got an exemption or if I had completely miss calculated.

30 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Not just Roberts (x2) we have had Nmecha, Van le parra, Batth and Morrison all with very few appearances for us.

I guess it will depend on whether the player is a youngster looking for experience, a lad looking to put himself in the shop window or someone they just want off the books.

Batth was getting plenty of game time, he was recalled because Wolves were offered millions for him by Stoke, he'd started 8 of our last 13 games before they recalled him.

Van La Parra was injured virtually his entire time here.

Morrison clearly has issues that prevent him playing anywhere.

Nmecha was rubbish but he played plenty of games under Woodgate, he was frozen out by Warnock.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The official FA guidelines are here...
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/player-registration/points-based-system

It is the "GBE Mens Player Criteria Jan 2021" document. I used it to work out if Zinkernagel would it the 15 points required (when we were supposedly linked with him), my rough sums had him on 10 points. Not sure if Watford got his WP before this came into effect, or if they got an exemption or if I had completely miss calculated.

Zinckernagel got around the rules by moving his address to the UK before the new year hence he was already living in England. That supposedly did the trick

• Haha 2

What’s worrying is there isn’t even any players being linked going into the final few days of the window. I’m very interested to see how deadline day pans out because at the moment it doesn’t even look as though we’ll see the usual frantic last minute dealings. 

• Tom locked this topic