• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

If Bolasie had been playing for Everton’s u23’s he could come straight in. No one is denying he’s a decent signing, but if he’s not fit to start and make an instant i pace then I’d rather we looked elsewhere. It does reek of desperation. Hope he proves me wrong!

• Like 1

@Robin Johnson. Can I make a suggestion. Your views on Bolasie are very well known.

I and all our fans have been in a similar situation to you where we either sign someone we do not want or sell someone we feel is worth keeping.

However, if he signs, can I advise you just see how it goes and we can discuss the pros and cons of his impact at end of season? At the moment you are simply repeating the reasons you are not a fan of the bloke and those reasons are fully known to us all. I say this more for your sake than other posters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am simply responding to other posters- like the ones claiming he is a good player at this level. This is an illusion and, as said, is based on hope and desperation.

I believe I put up a water tight defence against this signing. Others disagree- fair enough. However, I will say this, my opinion is based on fact and, when applying logic it is an irresistible combination that has shown is difficult - if not impossible- to put up a credible counter argument.

• Confused 1
Just now, Robin Johnson said:

I am simply responding to other posters- like the ones claiming he is a good player at this level. This is an illusion and, as said, is based on hope and desperation.

I believe I put up a water tight defence against this signing. Others disagree- fair enough. However, I will say this, my opinion is based on fact and, when applying logic it is an irresistible combination that has shown is difficult - if not impossible- to put up a credible counter argument.

How do you explain the relative succes he enjoyed last season at one of Portugals biggest clubs and also playing Europa League. Surely you'd jump at the chance of signing a first team winger from Sporting, Benfica or Porto right now? I will absolutely give you that he wasn't a succes at Villa two years ago, but last season he was by no means off the pace.

19/20

25 appearances last season for Sporting including playing in the Europa league. 2 goals and 5 assists

18/19

38 games played including 21 in the championship. 8 goals and 8 assists this season including 2 goals and 5 assists in the championship.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

If Bolasie had been playing for Everton’s u23’s he could come straight in. No one is denying he’s a decent signing, but if he’s not fit to start and make an instant i pace then I’d rather we looked elsewhere. It does reek of desperation. Hope he proves me wrong!

I don't think we are in the position of signing players that a match fit. Every player we will be looking at will be someone who isn't wanted at their current club, or have played very few minutes this season. Unless of course you want us to buy someone we can afford most likely league 1 or 2. We're not in a position to bring in a match fit player from the Prem or Championship. Surely it's a huge gamble to take someone who hasn't played this season but so is continuing with Coulson, Spence and to a degree Roberts on the wings.

2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Such a success ? That being the case you have to wonder why they didn’t sign him.

Probably because a portuguese team can't afford a 70k/week player in these times. Maybe he didn't want to uproot his family to another country. Who knows. The facts are clear though about his involvement in the first team.

8 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Water tight defence 😂😂

• Haha 1

We are all willing  to give a player a chance before writing him off. Its something i wont do now after seeing what warnock has done to several players who have all be wrote off. Djicksteel, bola, fry, johnson, saville. Watmore was released by league one sunderland but came here. Started great and soon had interest from PL teams 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

We are all willing  to give a player a chance before writing him off. Its something i wont do now after seeing what warnock has done to several players who have all be wrote off. Djicksteel, bola, fry, johnson, saville. Watmore was released by league one sunderland but came here. Started great and soon had interest from PL teams 

I like writing them off before they've played therefore I'm right if they are crap, but if they are good I'm happy to be the idiot at the expense of us heading to the Prem 🙏 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Bloody hell, the arrogance on you.

• Like 6
  • Tom locked this topic