oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

It doesn't feel right that Spence gets pulled up over odd instances every game yet Howson literally gave a Rotherham player the ball on the edge of our box and was, for me, just as culpable for the Blackburn goal the game before and I've seen relatively little about him in comparison.

The difference in experience, quality, wage; there are some players in our squad we have to expect better from and some we should be giving the benefit of the doubt and for me, I've seen both Wood and Spence get slaughtered in the last couple of games but very little about others around the defensive area of the pitch. Howson hasn't played well for at least the last game and a half, McNair for all his plaudits this season was just as beaten as Wood was last night in the battle. Overall as a unit, we are not defending well and that includes everyone, in particular those in defence and midfield.

For me, it's absolutely not a case of take Spence and Wood out, put Dijksteel and Fry back in and we're sound.

Edited by wilsoncgp
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

So squad size is now 24 of the 25 allowed.. 

U21s don't count do they? I think we've got plenty more space than that. Brynn, Wood, Spence, Folarin, Jones and maybe Tav don't count?

Tav maybe not actually, he turned 21 last season. As did Jones.

4 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

I am simply responding to other posters- like the ones claiming he is a good player at this level. This is an illusion and, as said, is based on hope and desperation.

I believe I put up a water tight defence against this signing. Others disagree- fair enough. However, I will say this, my opinion is based on fact and, when applying logic it is an irresistible combination that has shown is difficult - if not impossible- to put up a credible counter argument.

image.png.957858744aa650ac06e4ee1c8b637214.png

• Haha 12
27 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It doesn't feel right that Spence gets pulled up over odd instances every game yet Howson literally gave a Rotherham player the ball on the edge of our box and was, for me, just as culpable for the Blackburn goal the game before and I've seen relatively little about him in comparison.

The difference in experience, quality, wage; there are some players in our squad we have to expect better from and some we should be giving the benefit of the doubt and for me, I've seen both Wood and Spence get slaughtered in the last couple of games but very little about others around the defensive area of the pitch. Howson hasn't played well for at least the last game and a half, McNair for all his plaudits this season was just as beaten as Wood was last night in the battle. Overall as a unit, we are not defending well and that includes everyone, in particular those in defence and midfield.

For me, it's absolutely not a case of take Spence and Fry out, put Dijksteel and Fry back in and we're sound.

The classic - Fry + Fry. Sure to work every time!

I agree with your post though, Howson has been poor since returning from his injury by and large.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

142DA140-378E-4F66-9AC1-F5D7954A28EC.jpeg

I expect a report from Robin Johnson in the next few hours to tell us how Bolasie's micro expressions actually show that he's unhappy and doesn't want to be here. It will, of course, be irrefutable.

• Haha 3
Just now, Robin Johnson said:

Well we will see. If I am wrong I will admit it. How many of the mocking throng will do the same if he turns out to be the dud I expect. Orderly queue, please, gents!!!!

There's hardly a mocking throng and there's hardly anyone here that expects him to pull up trees. There is only you writing him off entirely, however.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Bolasie has an incentive to play well as he needs to earn a contract with someone as he is out of one in summer.  

We lose nothing if he's a dud - apart from the wage contribution we are paying.

It might not work out but one things for sure it isn't going to be a disaster that we end up paying for for years like Gesetede!

• Like 2
  • Tom locked this topic