oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window 2021 AKA "Didn't we do well"

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

I didn't know whether he was under your consideration that's all.

Schwarzer does knock Valdes out the park 😉

Valdes would struggle to get in my top 3. Schwarzer, Pears, Randolph, Crossley, Given all above him in my pecking order.

Platt, Pears and Schwarzer would be my top 3. I’d put Valdes, Randolph and Given in the second tier behind them.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe that people on here are condemning a possible signing because of rumours that he dealt drugs.    One thing or squad is crying out for is someone that can distribute well 😳

Fletcher is close to signing a new contract.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

Best bit of business we could do in January? Get Britt out of the club- even if a free transfer. Go after Dwight Gayle, I would he would take up most of Britt’s wages- and score a few more goals.

Try double Britt's wages and you're getting closer. There is zero chance of us signing Gayle unless Newcastle are willing to subsidise 70+% of his wages.

On 11/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bettinelli can go for me, he's an average keeper and prone to making mistakes. So is Stojanovic to be fair, what's Sol Brynn like?

Agree. I won't miss Bettinelli for sure

In Uwe's clip, the linesman is clearly visible in the background and must have had a very good view of the incident. To me, that is the sort of occasion where it should be their duty to bring the action of the player to the ref's attention and ensure some sort of penalty is dished out. The sad thing is that Grealish is becoming a persistent offender and sooner or later, he will hit the point  where officials will just say "oh.. him again" and wave play on, and Villa will start to lose out, I know Britt goes down easily at times but even he would blush at that one 

• Like 1

I think we could do with a bit of added beef in the middle of the park. Mustafa Amini is on a free at the turn of the year. His move to Turkey fell through in the summer so he's just been training with his old club since to keep fit. Definately made for the Championship. Great engine, pass and vision. If there are any Aussies on here they might know him. Definately better than Wing who doesn't seem like he is rated by NW. I'd move Wing on and get Amini in. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Grant Hall is out for 3-4 months.

He's having no luck at all.

We need another CB on loan in January.

What annoys me is we signed him knowing his poor injury record. Got rid of one crock in Ayala and seemingly replaced him with another. Albeit for less than half the wage probably.

18 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Platt, Pears and Schwarzer would be my top 3. I’d put Valdes, Randolph and Given in the second tier behind them.

Despite my defence of Valdes as a GK in general sense. i think he best keeper Boro have ever had but that does not mean he was best performing boro keeper we ever had. In my life time it would be

1. Schwarzee

2. Randolph

3. Given/Dimi

Great shout out by poster who said Crossley  too.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Despite my defence of Valdes as a GK in general sense. i think he best keeper Boro have ever had but that does not mean he was best performing boro keeper we ever had. In my life time it would be

1. Schwarzee

2. Randolph

3. Given/Dimi

Great shout out by poster who said Crossley  too.

Yeah that's the list. Valdes and dimi tied at 4 I think. Dimi had a great record but benefited from the karanka system in the championship. Valdes had a lot more to do. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I think we could do with a bit of added beef in the middle of the park. Mustafa Amini is on a free at the turn of the year. His move to Turkey fell through in the summer so he's just been training with his old club since to keep fit. Definately made for the Championship. Great engine, pass and vision. If there are any Aussies on here they might know him. Definately better than Wing who doesn't seem like he is rated by NW. I'd move Wing on and get Amini in. 

He and luongo are somewhat interchangeable in the national team. Wouldn’t be the worst signing and would be very interested in coming over.

27 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

What annoys me is we signed him knowing his poor injury record. Got rid of one crock in Ayala and seemingly replaced him with another. Albeit for less than half the wage probably.

I remember this discussion coming up at the time of signing - he's only had the one super serious knee injury hasn't he?

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I remember this discussion coming up at the time of signing - he's only had the one super serious knee injury hasn't he?

Had he? I take back my comment then. Maybe i an calling him injury prone probably on the back of discussions here.

Could do with some sensible cover back there. Maybe an experienced loan. Someone like a Bamba or Jagielka. 

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Had he? I take back my comment then. Maybe i an calling him injury prone probably on the back of discussions here.

Could do with some sensible cover back there. Maybe an experienced loan. Someone like a Bamba or Jagielka. 

It's the only injury I can find recorded - it looks like he had an initial knee injury but then ended up needing surgery, missed something like 18 months in the end, but it was all the same injury.

• Tom locked this topic