oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

Game Details:

Venue: John Smith Stadium (or if your prefer Kirklees Stadium) Huddersfield

Date: Saturday 28th November 2020

Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm f you do not understand the 24 hour clock.

Introduction

Well welcome everyone to the second DS Match Day thread in less than 4 days but not as impomptu as my last (and may I say decent effort).

Boro fresh from a very fine win against Waynes World last night take the show on the road and travel to Huddersfield where I hope we can terrorise "The Terriers" who achieved a goalless draw against Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park on Tuesday night.

What does Warnock do?

Well clearly NW does read the oneBoro forum and obviously thought highly of my recommendation of starting Roberts and Watmore from the off, and with a few tweaks along the way managed a very fine team performance up front as he knows he has a bloody good defensive set up.

So lads and lassies if you were in SmogDanes favourite persons shoes how would you set up for this game?

Huddersfield Town

There recent 6 game form has seen them win once, drawn twice and lose 3 games.

Their defence is not the best at keeping the opposition out but they can score goals so should we be concerned?

View from the Opposition

https://downatthemac.proboards.com/

Looks the most likely to have comments about the game

The view from Downsouth.  (has anyone worked this out so far?)

Whilst I woud love to include my very seldom used phrase it has been a while since we last won away and following last nights win it would be great to follow up with another 3 points so whilst not quite there this game is very important for many reasons.

The way we are set up and with a team that actually looks like a team and with quite a few options I really believe we can set about Huddersfield and come away with another victory so basically stick to the Derby formula (barring injuries) and go from there. Would be good to see Morsy back in the squad.

Over to you folks I hope that you have enjoyed reading the Opening Post and will wish to contribute and become The Manager you all want to be

I thank you😑 ps this deserves more than the 3 likes I got for the Derby OP!😄

• Like 11
  • Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Details: Venue: John Smith Stadium (or if your prefer Kirklees Stadium) Huddersfield Date: Saturday 28th November 2020 Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm f you do not understand the 24 hour

That’s because it happened 10 minutes before you actually witnessed it. 

With the amount of Subs now allowed I wouldn't be surprised if NW threw the gauntlet down to Roberts and Watmore after the Johnson and Spence cameos the other night and started with them again. With m

Posted Images

I'd be tempted to start with the same first 11, but I reckon NW will revert back to Spence and Johnson given that it's away and they both had a huge impact after coming on. Also Huddersfield is a much better team than _Derby so will likely put us under more pressure. I fancy us to keep another clean sheet for obvious reasons so just pray that we will take at least the one big chance that every team get.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Probably starts with the side that finishes that last game. Watmore and Roberts will probably be wrecked after their first game time in a while and he likes to rotate the striker. 

How good it is to know that Watmore when given game time will be doing his utmost to impress, think he is going to be a very handy player for us

• Like 1

@Denzel Zanzibar. Warnock said last night he hopes Morsy can make the bench. Will also provide update on Hall tomorrow who suffered a set back.

@Neverbefore. I agree that i think spence and marv will come in for Watmore and Roberts.

I not seen anything of Huddersfield this season but remember when we played brentford and when they mamager was asked about our style he said its very unique as only one other team in league play like us and that is Huddersfield.  I cant comment as not seen Huddersfield this seson but is he correct?

• Like 1

I completely understand the need for rotation, and I appreciate Roberts and Watmore will have expended 90 minutes worth of energy in 55 minutes last night. But nothing restores fitness like match practice, so I would start with the same XI if possible, to build their confidence and fitness against another underperforming and underwhelming team. We can sub half our outfield team if legs are tiring around the hour mark (since we're not committed to play any of our players for the full 90 minutes, unlike some clubs I could mention).

Enjoyed the OP by the way - it definitely deserves a double-figure like tally...

The guy in charge at Huddersfield is Carlos Carvahlo who was Bielsa's right hand man at Leeds.

The style is similar to Leeds therefore where they try and play in your face all the time.

The results have been mixed, mainly not very good but if they get on top and confident then all sorts of things happen and they can score a few.  Not really sure on the use of subs and the understanding of the game by the man in charge especially as it is his first solo effort

If we can avoid giving them any encouragement early doors then we ought be able to knick the odd goal somewhere along the line before our super subs appear to add to the score line

12 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

The guy in charge at Huddersfield is Carlos Carvahlo who was Bielsa's right hand man at Leeds.

The style is similar to Leeds therefore where they try and play in your face all the time.

The results have been mixed, mainly not very good but if they get on top and confident then all sorts of things happen and they can score a few.  Not really sure on the use of subs and the understanding of the game by the man in charge especially as it is his first solo effort

If we can avoid giving them any encouragement early doors then we ought be able to knick the odd goal somewhere along the line before our super subs appear to add to the score line

Carlos Corberán*

Brunners Thank you for the correction I was never any good at spelling.  I hear about him most days on my local news and I still can't get it right - not impressive really

Remember growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional and I was lousy at spelling as a kid and it has not got much better.  Maybe it is time I grew up !!

keep smiling

• Like 2

Interesting side Huddersfield as stated they trying to implement a Bielsa style of football. However they are very inconsistent so it's important we get on top in the early stages don't let then get any confidence then we should do alright get another win on the board.Think Spence & Johnson will come in for Roberts and Watmore apart from that be unchanged side.