oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Details: Venue: John Smith Stadium (or if your prefer Kirklees Stadium) Huddersfield Date: Saturday 28th November 2020 Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm f you do not understand the 24 hour

That’s because it happened 10 minutes before you actually witnessed it. 

With the amount of Subs now allowed I wouldn't be surprised if NW threw the gauntlet down to Roberts and Watmore after the Johnson and Spence cameos the other night and started with them again. With m

Posted Images

There's no doubt we looked shattered. But goodness me, when you're shattered, why do you wait until 5 minutes left to make changes.

Also, I think that challenge on Britt looks like more of a penalty than the one we actually got.

People will talk about Britt's first half misses as the reason for this - but he won a penalty and scored it and we scored 2 goals. That is not the reason we lost today. Down to three major factors for me -

Midfield - non existent after first 20 mins, no control, Huddersfield knocked the ball around us with ease, particularly in the second half. 

defence - and keeper included. All over the place and not just for their goals. Unrecognisable from how they've performed the rest of the season, I don't think any of them come out with credit, mcnair at a stretch.

warnock - just crap. Negative selection to begin with, rubbish subs, waiting to long to make any changes. No Roberts. Deciding to stop the attacking subs when we went level showing clear signs of not wanting to go for the win. 0 out of 10 today, didn't do anything right imo.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

People will talk about Britt's first half misses as the reason for this - but he won a penalty and scored it and we scored 2 goals. That is not the reason we lost today. Down to three major factors for me -

Midfield - non existent after first 20 mins, no control, Huddersfield knocked the ball around us with ease, particularly in the second half. 

defence - and keeper included. All over the place and not just for their goals. Unrecognisable from how they've performed the rest of the season, I don't think any of them come out with credit, mcnair at a stretch.

warnock - just crap. Negative selection to begin with, rubbish subs, waiting to long to make any changes. No Roberts. Deciding to stop the attacking subs when we went level showing clear signs of not wanting to go for the win. 0 out of 10 today, didn't do anything right imo.

Spot on.

I don't think Roberts would have made the difference on his own between winning and losing this game, or even getting a point. But he should have been on the pitch to give us more energy on the pitch, how we can look so void of energy and still only make 3 out of our potential 5 changes is beyond me, 2 of which came in the 88th and 90th minutes.

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Not sure why Warnock getting blamed. We had enough chances to put the game to bed in he first half. And the goals we conceded were school stuff. 

He's blamed as didn't put a rocket 🚀 up them at half time. Started second half abject. Didn't make changes quick enough. Accepted the defeat no reaction

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

We defended like under Woodgate horrendous goals to concede. But credit to Huddersfield very clinical first time we lost to Huddersfield in decades 

We lost to them in 2013

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Not sure why Warnock getting blamed. We had enough chances to put the game to bed in he first half. And the goals we conceded were school stuff. 

Because we're clearly gassed, he has Roberts stapled to the bench and he's sat there twiddling his thumbs till 80+ minutes. Horrible game management today.